Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
yeah I painted it myself. I am supposed to wait a week before I can color sand and polish it. I will probably do that this coming weekend if the weather is decent enough.

My only regret is that my initial tests with the paint made me think I needed to brighten it up to match the fenders, so I painted it over a white primer. Unfortunately my test was flawed and the hood ended up a slightly lighter shade than the fenders. Color sanding and polishing will darken it a little but probably still not gonna be a great match. But I need to replace a door, and a couple other body/paint issues that I dont like, so I think Im just gonna hold off until next spring and paint the whole car then. I can live with it the way it is for now.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I love that your not afraid to try anything. I think it looks great!!! Lucy got lucky when she ended up in the weezls hands.........................

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
no it cranks fine, but wont fire. Let it sit all night and it will fire right off as usual in the morning. Im pretty much baffled as Ive replaced just about every electrical part in the damn thing. It sucks too because its otherwise a great car now that I have it how I want it for the most part.

I dunno, I'll keep pluggin away till I find the answer.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well dammit Lucy is up to her old tricks. I really began to think we were past all this but last night I was headed back out to the store and she just wouldnt start again.

Tried putting some gas in through the intake, nada
pulled the temp sensor wires, nada

so, Im now pretty sure its a spark problem. unfortunately I cant test anything this morning because it starts just fine. So now I gotta wait for it to happen again.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
bring a spare plug with you and next time it happens pull a plug and pray some one is around to give you a hand and see if there's spark..

have you checked for codes when it happens?

i noticed the negitive cable is a bit loose on my brothers car and ever now and then wont let the car crank period, and it acts like it looses all power, i go out touch the cable, and leave the igintion on , and it all comes alive.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, I got some ST lowering springs from KevinM and got those installed. The cut springs were way to low and stiff for a daily driver. The new springs worked out nicely. Just lower enough and nice ride as well.

I finally installed the ported elbow and that seemed to smooth out the spool of the stock ct. Its gonna be fine for now as Im stockpiling the parts for a major revamp of the motor. Still trying to decide on a turbo and as of right now a GT35r seems like the way I want to go.

I stripped the gay ass yellow paint off my fogs and it looks alot better now. With the car not as lowered as it was, I think I might be able to finally put a lip on it.

I sold my 89NA and he came and got the car tonight so I have a little fundage right now for a few parts. I think I will pop for the 550's and a wideband now so I can at least put in my Lex AFM and SAFCII. Tube manifold and new turbo will follow probably right around the first of the year.

Thats all the updates I have for now.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
GotToyota? said:
LOL, clean car. But I think it's funny how the turbo A duct isn't providing air for anything, as the top core is covering it up. :biglaugh:

Im not sure what you mean, because the bumper core is cut out behind it and it provides air to the FMIC. It wasnt that way when I got the car but I changed that when I relocated the FMIC.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
GotToyota? said:
You sold the N/A? :(

-Matt

Yeah I was kinda sad to see the repo yard wonder car go. some of you may remember how I aquired it from a towing yard, not running and covered in leaves and other crap. I bought it thinking I was getting a parts car, but after 3 days of struggling with it I discovered that the cat was plugged and when I replaced that the car ran sweet. I cleaned it up real good and was keeping it as my parts runner and DD when Lucy was having all her issues. But Im trusting Lucy enough now that the money from selling the NA will be well spent on her.

Ive already aquired the Lex AFM, Walbro FP, and SSac manifold. I also have a SAFCII on its way from Portland with 89Turbo who is coming to the meet this Sat. All I really need is the 550cc injectors, wideband and a turbo and I can begin the major upgrade. I might have to wait until spring to do it though as I have personal issues to deal with right now with my pending divorce. Im not gonna rush it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well its been a while since I updated this, so I thought I would do a quick update with details to come soon.

I have almost everything I need for my big upgrade. I have have been squirrelling away parts now for the last 4 months. So far I have managed to get these parts:

• SSac 321 Manifold
  • Lexus V8 AFM
  • Walbro 255lph pump
  • Lucas 550's
  • Apexi SAFC-II
  • Greddy Profec-b Spec II
  • no-name Turbo timer
I also made a deal for a T4 60 trim turbo and 40mm external wastegate, and I should be able to pay that off pretty soon here and get that on its way. I want a wideband setup, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in my hands before I start the build up.

I also managed to pick up a few things for Christmas. I got a new Kenwood head unit, 3 pairs of 4" coaxial speakers to go in the stock locations, an Infinity reference series 12" Dual Voice Coil Sub, and about 700W (RMS) of Pioneer amplifiers. Im still trying to decide how I want to install it all, so for now I only have the head unit and speakers in.

I will try to get some pictures of the goodies soon here.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
speed dodici said:
so your injectors were finally "found"?

ohh yeah, I thought I told you already. They were delivered to 3330 instead of 3300. The person was out of town over the holiday ans when they returned they delivered em to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.