Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
speed dodici said:
BIG thanks to pete, he gave me an extra TPS, which allowed me to finally clear all my engine codes! Thanks bud!

Awesome man! is it running better? would have loved to have you drive that thing up the peak with us...We would have been all american!

Red, white and blue! That woulda made a cool pic!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ok, well I got my replacement turbo installed. Its slightly better than the one that came in the car. Decided to polish it while I was doing the job. Polished the turbo housing and the heat shield and did the 3000 pipe while is was at it. Replaced a couple hoses that I found were cracked, and replaced the lower IC pipe with a larger hard pipe that I found in the junkyard.

Went to take it for a test drive after everything was done and blew off the lower IC pipe right at the turbo...lol! worm clamps suck. I replaced it with a t-clamp, and that did the trick.

Here are some engine pics that were requested.

DSCF0778.jpg

DSCF0780.JPG

DSCF0781.JPG

DSCF0782.JPG

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
well I threw a code on the way to work...

code 52! Knock wiring! woohoo!

:|

so yea, gunna ground the shielding tomorrow. But hey, I'm not billowing huge amounts of black smoke anymore (just tiny amounts of grey smoke).

Oh, and Pete, that polished turbo is sexy. How long did it take?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
speed dodici said:
Oh, and Pete, that polished turbo is sexy. How long did it take?

Only took a couple of hours to polish...then the rest of the day to install it. I truely hate the oil supply and return lines!

As for the last couple of days, I finally got all my boost leaks solved and got the one low hanging IC pipe tucked up better. Which is a good thing because I lowered the car today and already hit the FMIC once coming out of Taco Bell. So Im either gonna have to remount the cooler or get a smaller one. Im really kinda voting for a smaller one. I dont think that will hurt my chances of reaching my HP goal of 300 too badly. I also need to tuck the exhaust better. It hangs a bit where it passes the rear subframe. I decided to take a chance and see what was underneath the silver paint on the factory Tiburon wheels. Bad news, they are powdercoated white underneath of all things. So now Im trying to decide if I want to try to take the powdercoating off and polish the wheels, or just repaint them. Im thinking ...gunmetal?

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
don't really fancy your hood, but i absolutely love your turbo. Pete, if you by chance run by another ct26 in good shape (no cracks, good oil seals).. give me a message.. I'm still out one :(

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
JoeC said:
don't really fancy your hood, but i absolutely love your turbo. Pete, if you by chance run by another ct26 in good shape (no cracks, good oil seals).. give me a message.. I'm still out one :(

Ive got the one I took off my car. It smoked a little on startup, but otherwise spooled just fine. Its got a few small "dinks" on the blades. I suspect its a ton better than the one you have. I could have continued to run it if I ddint get a good deal on the one I bought. I'll take $80 for it. You could run it for a while until you get one rebuilt or a new one.

Maybe you guys can come get this shell and grab the turbo while your here?
sorry I didnt get pictures taken today.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, after an all day afair (and stuff to finish up tomorrow) I got the FMIC remounted. Raised it up about 3 inches. Contrary to what I thought before, the space behind the TurboA duct was NOT cutout...lol, what a dork! So I got that hacked out as well. I should be getting some nice airflow to the cooler now. Ran out of daylight and didnt get pictures yet again today.

I had to cut a small chunk out of the bumper support, make a new mounting plate for the cooler, re-route the IC pipes a little, and some other small modifications to stuff. It tucks up real good, but the ICpipe from the turbo to the cooler still hangs down too low for my liking. Its a big 3" aluminum pipe, and Im thinking the only way to make it fit better is to cut back to 2.25 or 2.5 I'll have to think about that though. I polished the end caps on the cooler while I had it out.

I think all I need now is a front lip.

Pics soon!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
JoeC said:
where u getting this money pete! lol.. I'm stuck with the stock intercooler for now.. 12 dollars an hour isn't enough for a college student :cry:

Well, so far, nearly all of my mods have been low or no budget, just lots of time. And I had some money squirreled away that my soon to be ex-wife didnt know about :naughty:

Money I dont have, time I got lots of!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, here are some pics of the lowering, and intercooler remount. I really need some spacers for these wheels or some different wheels altogether.

DSCF0790.JPG

DSCF0794.JPG

DSCF0797.JPG

I think Im about done till I get my hood painted.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i never even noticed the foglghts being yellow, i was to busy staring at the nice shiny paint :)

edit: forgot to mention looks much better now that its lowered! what did you use to drop it down?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Ah, if it happened over night it wouldnt mean nearly as much to us. I spent alot of time hoarding parts, and changing setups, buying , selling, blah, blah. I've had 3 different daily drivers, plus a couple others I parted out, so I hear ya. This one I basically got from an impound/ junkyard, with a solid straight nearly rust free body, dirty, faded, and everything from the eng compt stuffed in the trunk.....3 years later....lol, I'm getting somewhere.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Got my elbow porting done. It will have to do until I can afford a Lipp or other aftermarket. I havent had the time to put it on yet but I think it will be good. Certainly cant hurt.

herre are the pics:

DSCF0827.JPG

DSCF0828.JPG

DSCF0829.JPG

DSCF0830.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.