Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Weezl. Your car is looking dead sexy. I must agree with you on the yellow foglights. I can't wait to see your new hood mounted on there. I thought it looked really good on your stock wheelbarrow, but It's going to be SWEEEEEEEET on Lucy........................:love:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ohh yeah, forgot to mention that I got the underside of the hood painted and the insulation back in place. Now I just need to shoot the top and mount it up. Maybe by Monday or Tuesday...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well gang I got the hood almost finished. Its painted though I have to wait a week before I can color sand and buff it. I also have some fitment issues to work out, as well as finishing off the stripes on the nose to blend the color scheme. I also havent fabricated a vent for the rear of it. Im thinking about fabricating a vacuum actuated cowl vent that I can open or close as conditions dictate.

Overall Im very pleased with how it came out. As soon as I pulled the tape off after the final painting I was sold! I couldnt wait to mount it up even though Im gonna have to take it back off for some finish work. So without further delay here are the pics!

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0847.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

Thats it! I now have another hood Im thinking about modding and putting up for local sale. For a fully prepped and ready to paint hood do you guys think $300 is too much?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You sir are a genius! That thing is so freaking sweet. Lucy is one lucky lady, I mean car. I love the a-duct also. I have to have mine molded in like that. I haven't even attempted to install it, cause I know it's got to be molded.

I think $300.00 is a very fair price. Most carbonfiber hoods go for about 500-700.00 I know this isn't cf, but it does look good. It looks a little meaner...............lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Picked up a Lexus AFM today, housing plus electronics for $60 shipped! Im keeping my eye open for a good deal on some 550's. Also starting to think about standalone engine managment. I am setting a budget of $1500 to get me from where Im at right now to 350hp.

Current upgrades are HKS clone DP, 3" exhaust, generic cone filter, 12 row FMIC, 2.5in hard IC pipes.

So I figured I need the AFM (on the way), 550's, 255Lph fuel pump, AFPR, turbo upgrade of some description, and....what else?

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Yo Pete, if you do want stand alone ECU, I just found out my neighbor (the one iwth the STi, DSM, and 240) does ECU programming, he'd help ya out.

And damnit pete, if you start making more hp before I do grr I'll have to.... kick your car or something.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
With your boost leak, I already make more power than you do ;)

but yeah, now that the NA is sold I have a few bucks for upgrades :naughty:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
so you got ride of the 86.5?

all turbo now huh! lol

since you got a few extra bucks, i would sudget a wide band and a form of tuning.. i liked the maft pro, and my brother dig's it too, so thats our path..

hope you figure it out soon and start having pounds of fun.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Maft pro FTW, much cheaper than standalone, you'll have data logging, plus you can sell that lex afm, and use the pro for a boost controller too. Definately do the wideband, best friend you'll ever have for tuning.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah except I dont like working with fibergalss and I know nothing about CF. I'll stick with stuff I know I can work, steel, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.