Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
picked up my hood last night, and shot a quick layer of primer to seal 'er up. I'll take more detailed pix including the underside once i'm done moving and am in Olympia. But, onto the pix:

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0278.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

the pix don't do it justice. its flipping SICK. And functional too. The vent opens up inbetween the radiator and the belts. And, in my driving today, I could see the heat ripples coming up through the vent. Its a damn sick creation, i can't wait till i get 'er repainted!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ya know what would be interesting Tim, is to get an underhood temp with the vent blocked off and with it open. Im guessing it makes a noticeable difference in temp under there.

On a similiar note, I was putting my new Targa on and just happened to notice the heat coming out of my cowl with the engine off. I put my hand there and felt a noticable movment of hot air out from under the hood, and Im running a factory insulator even (which would block some of the heat trying to escape.) When I redo my hood Im planning on cutting openings in the insulator this time.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
speed dodici said:
the pix don't do it justice. its flipping SICK. And functional too. The vent opens up inbetween the radiator and the belts. And, in my driving today, I could see the heat ripples coming up through the vent. Its a damn sick creation, i can't wait till i get 'er repainted!
Hey, is that Jack Bauer checking out your hood;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You've only got 24 hours to enjoy your hood................:biglaugh:

Weezl, you do a great job of fabricating these parts. You sir are a magician with a welder and I applaud your efforts............I would nominate you for president if Lucy was blue...............:evil2:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Pete's searching for the terrorists. and this is me going "hey nice guns you guys got there, can I pop a few off?"

n19700004_31560081_1441.jpg

ps- the quote of mine seriously has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING else. Its just random crap that i thought of when i saw my expression.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
^^^^^^That's definately a member of the Blue Man Group............:biglaugh:

We need all the members we can get to keep them red bastards from taking over...............:evil2:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
LMAO dodici!!

Off topic , but....I saw the Blue Man Group last weekend, it was much cooler than I expected, I was impressed......would have been better if they were RED, but then they would be the devil like Jay says:biglaugh:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ROFL...Tim thats priceless!

And I saw the Blue Man Group on pbs not long ago. The how to be a rock star show. It was amazing. I love those guys. They are a truely original act.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, finally took a little break from working on other peoples stuff to do something for Lucy. All I can say is this was a serious pain in the ass and took me pretty much all day. I still have to connect them to the stuff they are supposed to monitor. I am supposed to be getting my AEM wideband in tomorrow, so I can start on the center console, which I'm also going to paint red. Wideband gauge is going in the lighter hole.

This fabricating stuff is taking too long. I cant wait until I get start on a nice straight forward headgasket job.

Anyway, here are the pics. I basically just epoxyed the clamps to the faceplate, then filled the gaps and painted over it all. Came out as expected.

gauge1.jpg

gauge2.jpg

gauge3.jpg

gauge4.jpg

gauge5.jpg

(ohh and thats not a beer on the desk, its a gingerale...I SWEAR!)

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Meh, fabricating that stuff is overrated, be ghetto like me weez and cut it, then just stick the gauge in there an call it good!
;)

Looks good man, I'd like to see some pictures of this in the car!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I honestly thought it was gonna go like that. I was sadly mistaken. I will also have this in the car tomorrow and I'll take some pics then as well

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
speed dodici said:
Pete's searching for the terrorists. and this is me going "hey nice guns you guys got there, can I pop a few off?"

n19700004_31560081_1441.jpg

ps- the quote of mine seriously has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING else. Its just random crap that i thought of when i saw my expression.

Hahah, that pic so reminds me of one of the dudes from the Broken Lizard Comedy Group. You know, the guys who did Super Troopers.

xanatos

Jan 18, 2007
Norcross, GA
This guy.

supertroopers-9.jpg

Ok, so he doesn't look like him here, but I think it was when he was in club dread he had a look like that.

/It's late.
//I have nothing of use.
///I'm going home now.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
As a matter of fact I do. I had to fold the plastic circuit board back and run jumpers to a couple bulbs, but it wasnt to hard to deal with, just tedious.

gaugeback1.jpg

gaugeback2.jpg

gaugeback3.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ok, I just took a second to look around and realized...

its getting out of control. This doesnt even include the garage where welding, body & paint, and polishing supplies are scattered everywhere.

Thought I would share a couple pictures of the mayhem.

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.