LED JDM tail lights are finished! Lots of photos

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
These are genuine superflux from LumiLeds. They are actually way too bright and I had to dim both the park and brake lights considerably. Not sure what the base PWM frequency is, but it is running off the $10 PWM kit sold by Quickar.

On car pics are coming soon, we're just finishing up the widebody and paint makeover.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
I know you purchased 70ma led's but what current are you sending to them w/o the PWM? Reason I am asking is cuz I purchased the same leds and did not have to dim them at all. The way my circuit is designed I am limiting them by only running 50ma to each led through a 1/2 watt resistor on each led array.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
88YotaTurbo;1045731 said:
I know you purchased 70ma led's but what current are you sending to them w/o the PWM? Reason I am asking is cuz I purchased the same leds and did not have to dim them at all. The way my circuit is designed I am limiting them by only running 50ma to each led through a 1/2 watt resistor on each led array.
I'm running them at 40ma. I dimmed them because I don't want them brighter than the LED's on new OEM cars. At full brightness in the dark it leaves major dots in my vision.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I have yet to see an LED layout I actually liked, so yours is the first :)

Nice, straight design, all the lights line up, and it all fits together well. I bet they'll look great on the car. Great Job! :)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'm going to give you my opinion straight and you know I don't mean any dis-respect... but I just don't like them. My only really complaint is I don't feel there are enough LED's lighting up the brake light area.

I actually prefer clearcorners.com 's, 88YotaTurbo's setup, or to be honest this guys setup because they seem more filled in:
image.php

image.php

I don't hate them though by any means though.

Edit, apparently clearcorners.com doesn't make the a70 ones anymore... can't say I'm shocked for $2000.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
SupraOfDoom;1045896 said:
You know, now that I see them on the car, I do like them.... so I take it back :) Did you ever think about making the center section light up?
That was my original plan, to have the lines join through the center lens, but I decided it would look too radical. I figure if it looks like it could be a new OEM style, then I'll be less likely to get pulled over.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Excellent work man, you can tell you worked on it for a while by the quality of the work, very nice to see something so well done by someone whose just a regular guy so to speak, 2 thumbs up on a great and quality looking one off piece.

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
the black supra with the leds looiks so hot and you how much do you think a manufacturing company would take to mass produce them well at least some for all your buddies on SM and i am your bud right??

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
if you diy it's not very expensive at all unless you're counting what your hourly worth is. This job takes a TON of work but at the end it is very worth it. My best advice to anyone who maybe considering getting led tailights is to Do it yourself. You will learn a ton in the process but ultimately these jobs are sooo customized and one of a kind that it will be the best way to make sure it's 150% what you want.
Take your time, read as much as you can and ask people like Tekdeus and Myself if you need any advice. Matter of fact I do not think I would've completed mine as easily as I did without Tekdeus. He hooked me up with some very good links for info and products.
BTW I really need to update my LED VIDEO. It was taken before I fixed the Hyper flash and with a crappy camera.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Tek, Please, oh please make the top line of your tails continue across the center section. I think the 89+ tails are designed to look continuous across the ass end. By tying the two sides together you would undo the mistake toyota made when they didnt make it like that from the factory.

I think this would look badass on your "fatass" supra:

led2.jpg