89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
image.php

Who makes those rims ?? info on it please

orbis-gte

Sep 7, 2008
Kentucky
bravo . man very nice work , very creative, it seems u a lot of time to make the tail like become that nice ,
keep up the good work and i think know its time to start selling them ,
ppl like us will buy them ,:icon_razz

tekdeus;695382 said:
Cost: a few hundred bucks in parts, dozens and dozens of hours of research and tedious labor.

All LED's except for the reverse are 70ma superflux LED's from future electronics. All circuits are regulated at 12 volts and the marker lights are dimmed with a PWM (pulse-width modulator) circuit with an adjustment knob I installed on the back of the left tail housing.

You can see a lot through the lens so everything had to be painted either black or chrome. I will be tinting the red areas of the tails dark so the 3 clear bars stand out.

Can you spot the painted resistors blending in, in this photo?
Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Voltage regulators, switching circuit, and PWM installed into removable panel:
Untitled-23.jpg

The curvature of the lens made it very difficult to create PCB boards that fit nicely.
Untitled-46.jpg

Marker/tail lights on:
Untitled-27.jpg

Turn signal:
Untitled-36.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Reverse led's are 80ma per and have 4 chips each. Crazy bright!
Untitled-34.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

Brakes on. Very very bright! Leaves major dots in your vision after looking directly at it.
Untitled-40.jpg

Untitled-39.jpg

Dimmer adjustment knob for marker lights:
Untitled-24.jpg

I was able to line up the LED's so they shine through the thin lines in the reflector area, so the light does not get scattered. Is this phat or what!? :evil2:
Untitled-41.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
great job!

If I had a job I would totally say i'd be down for a set.

maybe someday you could make a few sets, definitely seems like there's enough demand for a few!