Kwnate's "FTW" build

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
On a serious note, I wired up the fuel pump and I'm pretty sure that my wiring will be fine. Does anyone think I should protect these wires better? They'll be up and covered by the tank. Any ideas or does it look safe? It's all protected by the rear subframe too.

2066678_27_full.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
The only problem I can see with the wires would be future corrosion, what I do with my wires that are exposed like that is to either get some of that "liquid electrical tape", or to put some black silicone sealant over the connections.

EDIT: yeah I just saw the relay, I agree with IJ.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
You can still get corrosion with out water and salt. BTW I just saw your dash mod and box, looks good! How much room do you have in the box, mine has enough extra room for about half a bat. If you have plenty of room, you could put your relay in the box?

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
jimi87-t said:
You can still get corrosion with out water and salt. BTW I just saw your dash mod and box, looks good! How much room do you have in the box, mine has enough extra room for about half a bat. If you have plenty of room, you could put your relay in the box?
Thats a good idea the box is 3-4 inches to tall.. I'll look at that this week, I'm worn out now.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
I agree with Ron. I have all my connections, relays + switches, inside the truck, but mine are behind the panel mouldings. This location allows access to the wires and circuit in case there are any electrical problems that requires debug. Your choice will require removing the tank to perform any type of investigation.

jt2ma71 said:
Nate, the only electrical connections I have out there are the 2 wires going to the pump. Everything else is inside the trunk under that wood panel. Nice progress :bigthumb:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
sarichmond said:
Looks Good!

What Fuel Guage did you use and Can I get a blow up?
I used the autometer cobalt full sweep gauge. It's programable so It'll be awhile before I can test it.

And I think I'll be moving the relay into the trunk. I originally was going to leave the wood panel out and didnt want it all showing, but now I can hide. Thanks for the comments and suggestions, that is what I'm looking for!!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Nate: I would put all the electricals inside the hatch. It will make tracing a short/problem that much easier.

sarichmond: never use "fuel" and "blow up" in the same sentence around someone who's building a fuel system. ;)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
supra90turbo said:
Nate: I would put all the electricals inside the hatch. It will make tracing a short/problem that much easier.

sarichmond: never use "fuel" and "blow up" in the same sentence around someone who's building a fuel system. ;)
Just got back inside.

Put the breaker and the relay in the hatch, the relay is under the wood. When I get the back end of the car upholstered It'll cover it all up.
2066678_30_full.jpg

2066678_31_full.jpg

Looks a lot better underneath too! thanks for the help guys!
2066678_29_full.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Looks good Nate, I don't have mine vented, it's an optima also. I guess the easy way to vent it would be to drill through the bottom of the box and the floor of the hatch.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
jimi87-t said:
Looks good Nate, I don't have mine vented, it's an optima also. I guess the easy way to vent it would be to drill through the bottom of the box and the floor of the hatch.
The kit came with the a vent hole and fitting on the side of the box and a tube. There was an existing hole in the floor i just shoved it through, not needed but better safe than sorry i guess...