Kwnate's "FTW" build

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Well, I over ordered on my fuel system but left out some things... So I've got it squared away, missing parts will be here tomarrow. For today I mounted the Fuel pump. This was no easy task, Its a tight ass fit. I taught my girlfriend how to use a rachet and she did an excellent job up top!! What a wonderful girl I have :icon_bigg
2066678_16_full.jpg

I also managed to bash my knee on the pumpkin and holy shit... I'm going to be limping tomarrow. I took a good 30 seconds of swearing just to get over the initial pain... Anyway, thanks for looking.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Well I decided to buy an extra gauge cluster and test my dremel skills. This took a lot of time trimming and fitting but wasn't very difficult. I'm more worried about hooking all the gauges up... I cut pieces of lexan to hold the gauges centered in the stock locations. Stock gauges are angled, I thought about trying to angle them but then decided to just put em in flat and put the least important gauges all the way to the right. They'll still be visible just not straight on.

Here is a test fit. I sanded the lexan and the entire black gauge surround so I could paint them all to match in semi-flat black.
2066678_20_full.jpg

I know 9 out of 10 of you don't like auto meter, but ya'll can lick em. They're all electric gauges. I know they aren't JDM tyte, but they look good imo, and I'm confident they'll be just as accurate as other. Here is a semi final shot, I still need to transfer my odometer over as the one I bought has a few more miles than mine:icon_bigg
2066678_21_full.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the rear
2066678_22_full.jpg

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
It would be cool if you replaced your tach and speedo with Cobalt ones, have everything match but it is looking good Nate.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Damn. Get that metal thing out of the way... what's the cover car on super chevy? lol

Nice, you should change the name to "Not so modest rebuild", Nate...
AEM kinda bumps it up a notch.

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
you may want some rubber mounts on that fuel pump or every female that go's in the car is going to have flashbacks to those quite moments alone!

Allan

or keep IJ's clutch alignment tool in the glovebox

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Allan_MA70 said:
you may want some rubber mounts on that fuel pump or every female that go's in the car is going to have flashbacks to those quite moments alone!

Allan
That will make up for the fact that she won't be able to hear. I put small rubber washers in but there isn't any room to have it stick out anymore. My hope is that my exhaust and solid motor mounts will cover up the sound of the pump. If not I'll try something else like dynomat. This isn't getting DD duties. I expect it to be loud and not a very relaxing ride, but thats not what its for.:icon_bigg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Well, it was a busy weekend of supra fun. I'm still waiting on one or two more fuel fittings to finish off the back end of the car.

I ordered a sealed battery box and wire kit from jegs. It's quality is pretty good too! The running of that huge wire to the engine bay was tons of fun. Yes the targa fits, I checked 3 times!!

Couple pics of the install
2066678_26_full.jpg

2066678_28_full.jpg

I also put my fuel level gauge in the cig lighter and inclosed the EDFC on the dash:
2066678_25_full.jpg

Pretty exciting I know... But all the little things cannot be overlooked:)