Kwnate's "FTW" build

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
TODAY!!!
Putting more miles on it, I'm up to 400 now!

On another note, I'm the most paranoid person in the world. Every little sound or leak scares the shit outta me. I thought I had a BHG last week, but my big brothers shut me up on that real quick (ron, duane).

So today I'm driving along and my fuel pump starts making funny sounds (its a little audible ;) ) I'm thinking shit, not going to the dyno this week... I put 140 miles on it before I filled it up last time and it only took 8 gallons. I put 175 miles on it since then, so I thought I'd still be good. no dice... Long story short, I put 16.5 gallons in it and the fuel pump purs like normal (really loud).

BTW, my fuel gauge doesn't work... I need a sender that I'll have to mount to the tank... Next week maybe.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Yay Nate!!!! (sorry, haven't been around much),
Congrats dude, I was scared as hell too, (still am a little after what happened to Ian). I just got over the 500 mark last month, I'm glad to see yours is up and running.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
SH: Tomarrow ;)

I'd better get to bed, gotta get up at 4am... Should be a nice drive though!

2064913_6_full.jpg

smokey

Jan 15, 2006
Melbourne Australia
it should be a rite of passage that all rebuilt engines in this build area should drop a massive 'born again patch' where you proceed to burn two cheap tyres for your own sanity and the enjoyment of the sm crowd

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
smokey said:
it should be a rite of passage that all rebuilt engines in this build area should drop a massive 'born again patch' where you proceed to burn two cheap tyres for your own sanity and the enjoyment of the sm crowd
You just gave me an idea for a new license plate!

REBRN-7M

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Please tell me that Kwnate is taking his video recorder with him. I love dyno videos. I'd rather see him spanking a vette, but dynos will work.........lol

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Well, I just got back. Got the pump gas tune done, but was running out of injectors (750cc) The stock ecu runs the 6 injectors in 3 batches which was severley killing my fuel delivery. They rewired them to run sequentially with the AEM which should drop there duty cycle from 82% to 60% hopefully. We had some issues with the AEM at this point and need to talk with AEM on monday... Long story short. We are starting over...

It was going pig rich at 5600rpm+, It should be tuned and ready for pickup next saturday. I won't have any accurate numbers til then... Got into the high 400's no problem though ;) I'll try to post a vid asap, but I'm super busy this weekend...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Bigzavs said:
congrats nate

too bad bout the aem probs tho
That's why IM letting someone else do all that AEM tuning stuff... I can only imagine the nightmares that are involved with a novice tuner like me and an advanced life form, like the AEM, lol...

Anyway, congrats Nate! Atleast your able to start fine tuning now... We'll have to talk about those injector wiring thing, how did you do it? Is it hard to do?

Well, congrats buddy... Keep us informed! You got alot of people, *ahem* ME especially, watchin your progress so, knock out those bugs and get her goin!

:D:D:DJAKE:D:D:D

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
John Reed is working on it, so it's in good hands!

Jake: The AEM has 3 extra injector terminals, from what I understand you run 6 wires to the AEM and plug em into the six injector terminals and tap them into the grounds on the injector clips.

The problem they're having is communicating with the 3 extra ports, the injectors running of the factory terminals in the aem are fine. The others are working when they feel like it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
kwnate said:
;) I'll try to post a vid asap, but I'm super busy this weekend...

I know you're super busy, but you shouldn't leave us hanging. Some of us don't have a life, and need visual stimulation that you can only get from watching supra dyno videos...............:naughty:

Edit: the square parenthesis thing you see is me trying to copy the last line Kwnate wrote. As you can see, I'm not very good at it..............:dunno:
There, Uncle Reign fixed it for ya man...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I bet if I had 665 RWHP, I'd have the inside scoop as well..............:biglaugh:

Since I've got 406, that's like two thirds. He should tell me a little of the inside scoop. Hope he dynos well and posts up a new video.........GL Kwnate.