Kwnates build thread with a twist

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
kwnate said:
I can't believe how nice this motor is. The car feels so much lighter then a 7m car!! Roll into it in 1st and it just blows the tires off!!

Wow I had no Idea!!! So now you got to buy new tires sice yours blew off????:biglaugh:

Glad to see you are pleased Nate!!! :icon_bigg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
upgradedsupra said:
Nice Nate! I agree that the 1J is a great engine too...just not for big power. So it is ready for the meet next week?

Duane
Still a few more things left, just finishing a couple loose ends.

gtsfirefighter said:
Extremely cool. I'm curious though...what do you do for a living??
I'm a drug dealer.

J/K :biglaugh: I work in the dirt, excavators and dump trucks.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee said:
Yeah... and people said the same thing about the 7M didn't they?

you sure proved them wrong, didn't you.

I am not trying to start anything but saying for BIG power, the 7M is better since it has more displacement and gobs of torque. The 1J I owned (sold to brother) was great.

Nate: Lets get some more pics up please :biglaugh:

Duane

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm not trying to start anything either, Duane. Only making a point that you, who have been on the receiving end of so much naysaying about the 7m and making big power, have perservered, stepped up, and put down some impressive numbers wouldn't be one to say similar things about another engine.

We have 3 common choices of engines to use in our Supras and all of them are good for big power if the owner wished it so. What's better is subjective to each owner as far as I'm concerned. You could have chosen a 'better' engine too but stuck to your 7M guns, which yielded both respectable and impressive results.

Nate already has a high hp car so it's unlikely he would have that kind of intention with his 1J, so it didn't really have to be brought up in the first place.

No negative or condescending intent meant. Just an observation.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee said:
I'm not trying to start anything either, Duane. Only making a point that you, who have been on the receiving end of so much naysaying about the 7m and making big power, have perservered, stepped up, and put down some impressive numbers wouldn't be one to say similar things about another engine.

We have 3 common choices of engines to use in our Supras and all of them are good for big power if the owner wished it so. What's better is subjective to each owner as far as I'm concerned. You could have chosen a 'better' engine too but stuck to your 7M guns, which yielded both respectable and impressive results.

Nate already has a high hp car so it's unlikely he would have that kind of intention with his 1J, so it didn't really have to be brought up in the first place.

No negative or condescending intent meant. Just an observation.

I gotcha and totally understand. Remember that I owned a 1J too ;) Better stock vs stock yes but mod vs mod...no they are close. I don't wanna ruin Nate's glory thread here so will stop here.

Go Nate GO!

Duane

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I suppose it's very likely that Nate has done away with those since he hates the damn things as much as I do. :D

If they're gone, what were they replaced with? :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Glad you like the way the 1jz feels Nate. I kind of wish'd I'd at least driven the twin turo'd once before I went single, but just couldn't see doing all of the work with the motor installed.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero said:
Glad you like the way the 1jz feels Nate. I kind of wish'd I'd at least driven the twin turo'd once before I went single, but just couldn't see doing all of the work with the motor installed.
You did miss a LOT as the spool is instant! That is one thing that I like about the 1J. It is a nice smooth engine.

Duane

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
upgradedsupra said:
You did miss a LOT as the spool is instant! That is one thing that I like about the 1J. It is a nice smooth engine.

Duane

They are great for daily driving. I'll give them that. Awesome response and power all over the RPM range. I'd rather hang myself than take them off again, though.:nono:

Jay, wanna trade? I'll send you my turbos and you gimme your GT35R so you can see what you've been missing:biglaugh:

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
I wonder if I could put the stock twins on my 7m to spool the gt4067r, that would be a fucking monster :biglaugh:

I have eight sawblades stacked in the garage, it was so embarassing rolling on blades back when it was still a NA with an auto. All I did was drive it home too... I have some wheels, but I won't be sticking with them for long, well maybe this year. Next year I'll get something new, I'm just a little tight on money right now, but I've got 100 kilos coming in next week :icon_razz

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have four sawblades that I will trade you even for one kilo...............:)

Joe, would the twins be wrapped by a 1992 wingless supra?..............:biglaugh: