Just Another Rebuild

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
What do you make of that last set of photos Ian? It's definitely better than the first crank but I'm still a bit worried about the fact that the keyway is distorted.

It looks as though the channel is basically intact so if there's a decent key to fit in it and everything is torqued up correctly, would you think it'd hold up OK?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Ok, guys I'll mess with it when I get home today.
I get that the keyway is the important part. :) I was just showing the keys to give an idea of how much indentation the crank has, the crank pics don't always seem to help enough. How much wobble is ok? I assuming as little as possible, but barely any movement should be ok right?

Ninja edit: Hey, I was reading somewhere if the stock cross hatch is pretty much gone, Allan already mentioned it, it's reccomended that the cylinders be bored. Is that really necessary? The machine shop I'm going to use is pretty good, should I just wait and see what he thinks or just go .010 or .020 over? I'm leaning towards waiting and seeing what he thinks.

Last edited:

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Well I'm gonna take a hint and guess that means over bore. :aigo:
Well I think I have a hookup on that but it still sucks. I'll have to see if I can find another block first but I'm not sure on that one.
Hey should CEP pistons be ok? Because that's what my friend can get me. Also .20 or .10 which is better?
Thanks IJ

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Well almost finished hooking up the n/a to the R154.
My dumb ass couldn't get the flywheel bolts lined up at first. :nono:
Gotta go to the store grab some brake kleen and spray off the grease I got on their before I connect it and hook it up.
It'll be my first time doing this by myself. I feel like such a big boy. :)

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
From a couple days ago now I just need that damn N/a throttle cable!!!

p293609_1.jpg

p293609_2.jpg