JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
Supraholics said:
When are people going to start taking turns...worring about response??? Why is everyone so worried about going straight??? Seems like now adays everyone just talk about highest HP and 1/4 times...

Supras we made for taking turns...

BTW - Ron won't be racing this too often...this work of art will sit at 9psi or so like his 7M...

cuz, response is made for people who cant make big numbers... like 240's and such. the ironic thing is, my friend who is a 240 fan (but hates the stigma) was just talking about this. all the drift crowd is concerned with is response, response, response. thats for people who want Disco-potatos. anyone can throw a tiny turbo on a small motor and get it to spool quick. it takes ingenuity and time to get big power out of a motor and have it not shit the bed in 500 miles. then getting that power to the ground to run decent times means youve got talent behind the wheel.

supras were made to go fast first, turn second. if they were meant to take turns, theyd be more like RX7's; 3200lbs, 50/50 weight dist, and lack of amenities.

duane, it just needs a 4788 now. thats a few bolts away. but besides that, he wont need the 1200hp to run 8's. he could do it w/ 800-900 just like this other guy i know. darin dichiara is running 8's on a 6sp, full weight mkiv w/a custom garrett/borg 75mm turbo. hes not on it anymore, but i beleive he broke 8's on that 75mm tho.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Please keep my thread clean guys, Or I will be forced to delete it. Take my motor out, take it apart and start over to start a new thread. BTW, I have not scanned my dyno sheet so it's not even worth posting my numbers. Ron

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Ron, without a dyno sheet, how can you prove this car can make 500RWHP???? Otherwise you won't be able to get into GTEpowered.com :sarcasm:

flubyux2 - short reply on this - Spool???? Who's talking about spool only?? Response is not only from fast spool. You figure out the rest. I'm taking about engine response. Making record breaking numbers on a road course. Now THAT requires talent and ALOT of $$$$. That's why people prefer the 1/4, because is one of the cheapest forms of auto racing...

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
yea well all i know is that if every took as much time as Ron did, well, there wouldnt be much a point to doing any kinda racing since we spent so much time on our cars.

great job ron, maybe one of these days when i get stateside ill try to see it..

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
Supraholics said:
flubyux2 - short reply on this - Spool???? Who's talking about spool only?? Response is not only from fast spool. You figure out the rest. I'm taking about engine response. Making record breaking numbers on a road course. Now THAT requires talent and ALOT of $$$$. That's why people prefer the 1/4, because is one of the cheapest forms of auto racing...

hmm, indeed...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good call LilMiss..................It's definately worth five happy dances.

Ron, you should feel pretty good with your rating. That is better than a two thumbs up from the old Siskel and Ebert.