Jeff's Supra Build...again

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
ha - that little block that goes into Junction Block No 2 (the main under hood fuse section) - I want to get that off the NA, if that's ok - want to modify it to fit in the empty slot of my fuse block, to run the wiring of the headlights all stock like!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I think it'll be close, but it should work. Just ensure that your IC pipe has very little movement right there (hell, I'd even bolt it in place, top and bottom of the frame rail, and use those hump silicone couplers to allow for vibration and such)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
How much I just need about a 1 foot piece of it, otherwise I'm gonna find a way to bend it without compromising the the air flow.

TODAY: Wet sanded targa down ready for paint, door handles and started on the fender, keep in mind I only have about 3 hours a day to get down to the body shop with class and things so it's good progress in my mind.

Should be putting some paint on some small pieces tomorrow!

-Jeff

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Update: Got my thin e fans and heat wrap, and here's some body work progress. Been working all weekend tryin to get this thing out, body man said we're looking to get final paint on by Tuesday.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That thing is TINY dude... I have small hands, but damn, I think that might be too small for me...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with a bigger one.

TODAY: Moldings, targa, mirrors, door handles, side skirts PAINTED! All body sanded except for around the windsheild and between the rear window and targa area.

Some pics of parts later, pics of paint tomorrow.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Car is in the booth, ready to be taped up and washed off ready for paint. All panels are mounted.

On the bad news I wrecked my dd today (fixable but pita), luckily my dad can loan me his Taurus.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Yup, coming around a wet turn going fast but nothing crazy....I thought. I turn the front end grabs and the rear slides (fwd wtf), no e brake no braking through the turn nothing. So I countersteer appropriatley, no use its in a straight sideways slide, I lock up the brakes and hold on. I ended up a curb and the rear slid into a tree. The damage is fixable in a weekend but its definatley a setback.

Cliffs: (My DD not Supra) Bad approach angle?, wet road, shitty tires up a curb into tree.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
:rofl: You kids and your FWD ;)

Can't say too much tho - got rid of the Miata and bought the wife a Saturn Ion Redline. FWD does suck, even when it's supercharged!

Don't you hate taking time away from the Supra, to work on your DD, though? Glad to hear you're ok!

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I'm just glad it was a FREE car and yes glad I'm ok it could've been down in a ditch if not for that tree. If it wasn't worth anything I wouldn't even take the time to fix it lol. This car grabs so strong in the front and it showed, not to mention its such a short car if you don't counter correct in less than a split second and have a good grasp with the front tires your sliding.

The Ion any good? I heard they were fun.