jdmfreak's A NEW BEGINNING (BUILD THREAD)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The sealed box nesseccary? I remove the plastic tray on the right rear and put a 15lb Braille battery with Braille mount. Can't even tell it's there and only had to cut about a 1in off the wood.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
That's the same switch I have. Works good. Just be sure to run two wires when doing the main cable for the alternator. I like to use 14g speaker wire for that job.

2ga seems a little light but I tend to overkill.

If you plan to ever run the drag strip, I think the sealed battery box is required per NHRA.

Im also running the Moroso remote disconnect rod that turns it into a push/pull and mounted the switch inside the battery box. The rod sticks through the drivers area by the tail light. I'm able to take it out so your Buddy's don't turn it off when your out and about town, and draws less attention.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Why 2 wires? Guess I could just look up the schematic it's probably obvious

Iirc #2 is good for a 200 amp welder at 50'.... I figured it was overkill without being too overkill at 14' long but it's cheaper to upsize now than later

Yeah sealed battery box is required per NHRA and as much as I prefer the looks of your setup hvyman I like the added safety

Nathan Do you have pics of how you did yours?

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I'll double check my wire size at lunch. Its a super flexible XSpower cable, about twice as flexible as welding cable, so a smaller size can handle a wee bit more amps.

I'll find a picture of my setup for ya. And the two smaller wires are for the alternator.. You run from the dash back to the switch, then from the switch to the alternator. I actually run two pairs of the speaker wire. This way you can have constant power for your stereo and other things if you need.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Oh okay. I thought you were talking about running an alternator disconnect so you could electrically remove it to save a couple hp for racing. It didn't make any sense in my head. Sorry, my mistake!

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Does the 7m CAS have a vr sensor inside? Did you make sure you got + and - wired correctly?

And I have this setup. I can cad up and cut a coil holder if you would like. I have an NA head and there is no extra holes unless you use the valve cover bolts. So my idea is to place a 14mm bolt in the hex plugs and weld them inplace, and use that as a stud. Could also put a 3/8 nut inside and weld a 8mm bolt thread to it to downsize a little. I could make all this but would need your plugs back as cores.