jdmfreak's A NEW BEGINNING (BUILD THREAD)

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
So after running some NGK copper 7's (4644) for some time, this set lasted about 1000 miles before they started stuttering under boost. I just put some Iridium 8's in, not only does it start, idle and drive better, it feels much better I to boost too.

So just a suggestion when your shopping for plugs to go with them coils. NGK 2668. I found 2 boxes on EBay for 15 A box.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You'll thank me later when you're putting it back together and you need to "see" where something goes that the cave painting camera didn't show ;)

Or even just after it's back together and you're reminiscing about the work you've done and can look at pictures that don't look like they've been taken through a peanut butter filter!

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
nathaninwa;1980401 said:
So after running some NGK copper 7's (4644) for some time, this set lasted about 1000 miles before they started stuttering under boost. I just put some Iridium 8's in, not only does it start, idle and drive better, it feels much better I to boost too.

So just a suggestion when your shopping for plugs to go with them coils. NGK 2668. I found 2 boxes on EBay for 15 A box.

Damn. That is exactly what happened with me. The coppers were great for a bit over 1000 miles then they started missing. I am going to switch to the iridiums and see if that helps. What gap are you running?

Signature changed to make Bird happy.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
nathaninwa;1980401 said:

Thanks for the heads up :) I'll start with iridium.. What gap are you running?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
IJ.;1980471 said:
I had issues with IR's glowplugging at high boost/rpm ...

I remember you saying that so I've been keeping that in mind... What ignitor /coils/boost/rpm were you running?? For reference

I'm planning on (after the turbo block is built) pumping the boost and rpms a bit but I am hearing more and more about extremely short life on coppers with other coils.. Could that be due to too long of dwell??

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
y8ava8e9.jpg
yte7yzu3.jpg

On hold for the night... buddy showed up pouring the white smoke in his 06 f250 powerstroke egr went out:p makes my build seem easy lol this thing is a cocksucker to get to the bolts

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Update on this. I was still getting some breakup in higher boost, ended up putting new springs in the coils, the spark springs between the coil and plug. My stutter is gone and on a repull tonight can hit my 25psi I dynoed at. Maybe keep a spare setup in the tool box. There cheap at 3.00 for the spring/boost setup.

I've got dwell down to 3.1ms too.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
more wire tuck

fuzebox rotated and remounted

turbo

well egr cooler delete cost my buddy about 2bucks but it took sat night till 3am then sun till 11pm .....i got a little done on the supra in the next bay but i would get about 5min of work done then get called back to help him....

with ffim ill need to
get a longer throttle cable
relocate battery,need sealed box and welding leads
and finally attempt to drop alternator enough to clear intake while retaining ac......

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Hey so I was trying to find some info on my turbo but I can't read Portuguese :p
At least I think that's what language it's in

Master power
Part number: 810031-096
Model: s.70

The only thing I could find in English was a short list and didn't include my turbo:-\