jdmfreak's A NEW BEGINNING (BUILD THREAD)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
And after seeing your picture I had to dig these puppies out of the parts shed :p
ejedu4u7.jpg

Think I am going to paint them first tho its kinda chipping in places

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I have a set here that I could fill in for you when I make the coil bracket. I'm making some headers today so I thinker with the coil bracket tomorrow.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
nathaninwa;1983213 said:
I never uploaded the close ups, there on there way to photobucket now. You use the OmniSpark/DuraSpark from Orielys, p/n CP059. There 2.99 for the spring and boot, need 6.

I returned my plug wires today and ordered these:)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The idle valve will work the way your picture was labeled. 1a/b need to go to one set of coils and 2a/b need to go to another.

Mine on the 1j is setup that way and works. I also have the 12v still hooked up. Most people like to use it without tho I wanted full function and interchangeability with stock Ecu.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
The stepper motor driver that is built in with megasquirt is a bipolar stepper motor driver, which means it alternates the polarity to the coils. The stock ecu had a unipolar driver, which meant it only grounded the pins, which is why you needed the 12v supply. For my setup, I just diked the two center wires and ran the remaining 4 to the s1-s4 pins for the megasquirt relay board.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
So just to ask, how closely are the MS2 and MS3 related as far as wiring the stock sensors to run on megasquirt?
I'll be using the adapter to make it pnp to the stock harness.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
They are pretty much identical. The board is the same, just rhe processor is different. Now there is an expansion board that is on ms3 that adds some additional capabilities and sensors but the standard 37 pin connector pinout is the same.