illegal mods

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
since this is my thread...do all supras have super computers? and that TEMS is that little button next to the shifter right? one more thing...do the jdm 7mgte motors pass smog? because i heard jdm motors are the ones that are more likely not to pass.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
MKIII N00b said:
fasho! lets all go to wyoming! and make it a SUPRA state...haha, years from now it will change to "wyoming the 'supra' state" hehe

hell we've already got "supra county" going on here....there's 14 supras in a 20 mile radius here, maybe 15 if i can get a MkII for a DD. and one of em's a MkI that I'm trying to get my greasy little paws on as well.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
MKIII N00b said:
since this is my thread...do all supras have super computers? and that TEMS is that little button next to the shifter right? one more thing...do the jdm 7mgte motors pass smog? because i heard jdm motors are the ones that are more likely not to pass.

No not all supras have the super moniter, it was optional

Yes TEMS is the little button

JDM motors do not have EGR so it will not pass CA emmisions. unless you put on an EGR and the CA ECU.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
So that really sucks...Most MKIV Supra's you see are labeled, "1000rwhp Street Legal Supra" and blah blah blah...
Well...Looks like I got cut off at 300hp:( My car isn't legal.:( STUPID JDM...:(

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
The most Ive heard of anyone getting for illegal mods is a "Fix-it" ticket.

And for those of us in CA only another 5-9 years before they become "Classics" and dont have to meet any requirements.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
yellow, who told you that??????

i think they changed the law again, making "classic" cars like 1980 or something and older... it is no longer 25 or 30 yrs old or whatever... its cars made only before some date.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
born2drv said:
yellow, who told you that??????

i think they changed the law again, making "classic" cars like 1980 or something and older... it is no longer 25 or 30 yrs old or whatever... its cars made only before some date.

Not here in Indiana. To have a "Classic Car" and be able to get the plates, you're car has to be 15years old. To get "Collector Car" title and plates is 25 years old.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
MKIII N00b said:
oh yeah one more question. ive seen these little lights on the back of the supra...like under the plate, like the lights on the back of a R34...like that you know? yeah.

Liscence plate? Ours our on the sides of the plate. Ive never seen them anywhere else.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
california rolled out something else, i think everyone should be worried about:

REMOTE SMOG SENSING

Remote smog sensors are appearing along California roadsides to measure emissions from cars as they drive by. The entire process takes about three seconds.

(1) An infrared beam shot across the highway picks up the contents of a car's exhaust. A calibrator and computer on the other side of the road screen and measure the emissions.

(2) At the same time, a camera snaps a pictire of the vehicle's license plate. The state uses that in information to find and notify the vehicle's owner if emissions are too high.

So basically you could get a ticket in the mail saying your car is emitting too much smog and that you need to get it retested!

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
MKIII N00b said:
ive seen someone on here that has that, they said it only goes on when they have the fog lights on...

i think you're talking about the rear euro lights. dunno exactly what they do.. only came on euro cars.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
B2D: This sucks as if you're hammering it as you go by it there isn't a car on the road that will pass!

I got nailed this way for noise way back after passing a road side tester at 7000+ with an exhaust that was legal!

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
born2drv said:
california rolled out something else, i think everyone should be worried about:

REMOTE SMOG SENSING

Remote smog sensors are appearing along California roadsides to measure emissions from cars as they drive by. The entire process takes about three seconds.

(1) An infrared beam shot across the highway picks up the contents of a car's exhaust. A calibrator and computer on the other side of the road screen and measure the emissions.

(2) At the same time, a camera snaps a pictire of the vehicle's license plate. The state uses that in information to find and notify the vehicle's owner if emissions are too high.

So basically you could get a ticket in the mail saying your car is emitting too much smog and that you need to get it retested!

Time to pack my bags and move to wyoming.

How could Arnold pass something like this with his hummers cruising the freeways?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
MKIII N00b said:
i think, cali is becoming like some kind of import nazi...trying to genocide all the imports.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pic not related to thread.