GTEpowered.com is getting well known! Vid inside (from Spain) Update Dec14/07

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
The site needs profiles and pics for the cars though.... Hard for some people to appreciate the work when all they see is a name and #

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
americanjebus said:
The site needs profiles and pics for the cars though.... Hard for some people to appreciate the work when all they see is a name and #

READ this > The net explorer only works for some reason but we are working on it. I assume you are using fire fox?

The members are click able and have full write-ups and pictures to go with them :)!!! but again only on the net explorer.(for now as we are working in it.)

Duane

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
upgradedsupra said:
READ this > The net explorer only works for some reason but we are working on it. I assume you are using fire fox?

The members are click able and have full write-ups and pictures to go with them :)!!! but again only on the net explorer.(for now as we are working in it.)

Duane

Stop using that crappy assed Microsoft Front Page. :p

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
upgradedsupra said:
You speaking of the application? Another suggestion? I thought this way, people can dl and re-send easier?
I think he means to design the website. I would agree, FrontPage sucks. Coding in PHP and HTML/XHTML with CSS would be the best way to go. Or at least Dreamweaver... Anything but FrontPage.

For the application I think an online form would be more convenient. But then you have to worry about spammers trying to submit stuff through it and how to handle picture uploads.

[edit] I hope you're using a database to store all the cars and their info. You are using one, right? [edit]

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
swaq said:
I think he means to design the website. I would agree, FrontPage sucks. Coding in PHP and HTML/XHTML with CSS would be the best way to go. Or at least Dreamweaver... Anything but FrontPage.

For the application I think an online form would be more convenient. But then you have to worry about spammers trying to submit stuff through it and how to handle picture uploads.

[edit] I hope you're using a database to store all the cars and their info. You are using one, right? [edit]

have to check with Miguel..I think so. and yes we would be worried about spammers which is one reason why I like the download the way it is for the application.

I appreciate the feedback :)

JustinGotA1j said:
I dont profess to know much about how the internet works but my question is, how come if you type www.gtepowered.com in the address bar the site wont show up and if you type gtepowered.com it will?

It works both ways for me ..?

Duane

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
i am having issues with IE 6. bla bla and Opera 9.02 wont load cars, history, shop etc..

and had issues on the application too

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Here's the problem:

Code:
<TR><A 
          href="http://gtepowered.com/html/gcurmi/profile.htm">

<TD>1000+</TD>
          <TD>1000+</TD>
          <TD>Gary Curmi</TD>
          <TD>N/A</TD>
          <TD>Dragster</TD>
          <TD>Malta, Europe</TD></A></TR>

If you look in the example above, your <a href> encapsulates all the <TD> tags inside the <tr> tag. Technically this isn't valid HTML. (And it's what you get when you use crappy Microsoft products. They think they are above standards or something....)

However if you move your <a href> tags inside of the <td> with the name:

Code:
<TR>
          <TD>1000+</TD>
          <TD>1000+</TD>
          <TD></html/gcurmi/profile.htm">Gary Curmi</A></TD>
          <TD>N/A</TD>
          <TD>Dragster</TD>
          <TD>Malta, Europe></TD</TR>

it will work fine.

Also, tell your coder to stop using absolute links and use relative ones like I have in the second example.

An absolute link defines the location of the document absolutely including the protocol to use to get the document, the server to get it from, the directory it is located in, and the name of the document itself.

A relative link on the other hand takes advantage of the fact that the server knows where the current document is. Thus, if we want to link to another document in the same directory, we don't need to write out the full URL. All we need to use is the name of the file.

This is a much cleaner way to write code, and it makes it considerably more portable.