YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OneJoeZee;892057 said:
Are you using soft tires?

Nope, just realized that was with Super Hard Racing tires. ::dunce::

El Capitan: 1'40.756

Now lets see what soft tires can do for me on Laguna...

Laguna Seca: 1'22.138 3rd place so far

Last edited:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Updated your times ^^^

Oh, and I've just been assuming this all along, but I've been posting my times on the normal direction (i.e. Forward) tracks.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah I have as well.

suprarx7nut -hahaha...you weren't using super soft? well you got some practice in eh? hehe.

i was cleaning my room and i found a sheet from this forum i printed out, dated ...uh no date. but its when you had made 89 posts! haha

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah. once i thought i was that off on a GOOD lap, which astounded me, then i realized i looked at the wrong time and i had in fact got the 1st place time :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OK I sat down for a few minutes again, here are my new numbers. I'm going to try and do The Ring and I want to do Fuji Speedway but...which one are we doing? 80's? 90's?

Laguna - 1'21.000 on the dot!

Grand Valley - 1'43.716

El Captain - 1'34.779 - edit; oops that's already listed

Tokyo - 1'34.050 - dude...i think i need to regear or something because that track is the suck for me. i tried a quick fix and that didn't work so i might have to tweak 6th? oh well.

Time to go try and crack some more times! :D

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Figit090;892792 said:
OK I sat down for a few minutes again, here are my new numbers. I'm going to try and do The Ring and I want to do Fuji Speedway but...which one are we doing? 80's? 90's?

Laguna - 1'21.000 on the dot!

Grand Valley - 1'43.716

El Captain - 1'34.779 - edit; oops that's already listed

Tokyo - 1'34.050 - dude...i think i need to regear or something because that track is the suck for me. i tried a quick fix and that didn't work so i might have to tweak 6th? oh well.

Time to go try and crack some more times! :D

Updated.

Nice times btw, competition is starting to get stiff.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Keros;892990 said:
Updated.

Nice times btw, competition is starting to get stiff.

man today was a busy day. first day back at school. i had two classes from 10 am, a one hour break, then a one hour class, and TWO three-hour-length labs. BALLS my Tuesdays are going to wring me dry!! 9 class hours in one day. i never really thought about it, it kinda stinks! but that means only one class friday!

I wont be playing GT4 for a bit. maybe until this weekend...not sure how busy things will be but i already have homework starting, sortof. gahhhh

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Didn't even know there was a GT4 thread, was just thinking about starting one too

*Edit* I'm in on this too.....What MKIII are you guys using? I mean I know most of you guys are using the TTR but, are any of you guys using the Turbo A. That's what I'm using, I'll post my 1/4 and course times, hopefully I'll have the fastest time for the Turbo A on 1/4 :dunno:?

Last edited:

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
well the turbo-A has less top end power. i haven't bothered to look at the torque curve, but as far as I'm concerned, if you can beat the times of our TTR's with your Turbo-A, go for it! I'd be interested to see how well it does. Technically it should have gobs more torque as it's a 7m as opposed to the jz that should be in our cars... haha.

i dont know if we need two separate time slots for each car, Keros will probably have a better idea. but let's see what you get :)

I have tuned models of both, so if i have free time when i'm at home tonight I may give it a shot with the turbo-A and similar suspension tuning to see how they compare down the 1/4 mile.

Turns out i have spare time today inbetween classes, but i have a 5pm class...so i cant go play games :p

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Seems to be no reason to seperate the two. I have a TTR because that's the only mkIII I could find. A mkIII is a mkIII, but in the very least it should be quite halarious to get some 7M and 1JZ jokes going... let the games begin :biglaugh:

I'll be keeping an eye out for an '88. I also picked up a mkII supra and tuned it, it's pretty fun... still slow as fuck, but fun :icon_bigg

I may not get much seat time in until the weekend :3d_frown:

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
only MKIII you could find? check back every one or two rotations! i have about 4 or 5 mkIII's! one of which (maybe two actually) is new! (6.2 miles)

haha...i wanted to tune the mkII but then realised i think i have and wasn't happy with it's performance. if only we could swap engines... :) :)

but yeah there are turbo-a's and i have a maroon, black, white, and navy blue (forgot actual name) TTR's... just check back every rotation, and cross your fingers you get one with 6.2 miles on it :) i've yet to tune mine, i want to save up more for those black specials.

HOLY CRAP i think there's a slightly mental guy in the library here...he just walked by like he was talking to god, whispering to himself with his arms in the air... lol.

anyway...heh...sorry. I think we tried to get pictures of all the supras in GT4 into a thread, i'll see if i can't find that.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Okay, in my JZA70, on Medium Tires I just posted a 6:58.526. I will continue racing it for the next hour or so and see if I can't beat that. It was my first shot, so I figure I should be able to get down to about 6:49'ish. If I switch to softs or (goodness me) super softs, I should be way down, lol.

Jeff