Gran Turismo 4 Challenge

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OK, first of all, if you're going to talk smack about what we have going, you should at least have a number on the ring to back yourself up.

Two...you spelt it wrong...it's Nürburgring. :biglaugh:

.....please don't ban me. :runaway::ugh::eek:

My time without tuning the suspension or even checking the setup on my third or fourth round on Grand Valley Speedway was 1'50.008.... i'm gettin' there :) I am just happy i'm in the running because i've only played against friends. does GT4 allow anything online?

I'll go run a few on Nürburgring

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i just found out that Nürburgring without a spoiler is a very bad idea. the bumps make my car float at the least expected times.

Joe are you running a spoiler? I hate the way they look in the preview but i have to install one now. lol.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
haha, allrighty then ;)

OK my numbers trying about 7 or less laps in a go.. basically ran until I got what if felt was my cleanest run. no nitrous, and I think that helps more than I thought, as I concentrate more on being accurate. anyway...all my numbers including Grand Valley (same as before)

Grand Valley Speedway: 1'50.106 - no new record

Laguna Seca: 1'22.163 - this was my cleanest lap but by no means my fastest, i felt i might as well list it since we have no numbers.

El Capitan: 1'38.811
- cleanest lap. felt fairly confident. anxious to see what you guys run though

Nürburgring: 7'40.075 <---- ROFLMAO....

just to note, i was off the track about 1/8th to 1/4th of the time on Nürburgring... i think i had it set to stiff plus no spoiler = instant crash.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Tokyo 1'31.311

After getting down that far and alot of fiddling with my suspension, I couldn't keep concentration long enough to put in a consistent lap on any other track.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
anybody like the small one, autumn ring i think it is? i had a bit of fun on that one...i think.

I guess we can do whatever tracks we feel like and then challenge whatever tracks we feel like, eh? sounds like its better than picking any one track.

Joe - yeah same here that track is unforgiving when you screw up. part of the reason i was mad and dont care for it too... and when i got that time, on the next laps my own ghost pissed me off so i decided to call it quits. don't want to be too mad at myself :biglaugh:

is it just me or are ghosts distracting as HELL to race behind? i can't concentrate on my line when i'm so anxious to catch up, then i screw up.

Keros - I'll go try that one. :) that's a city course right? i forgot what i looks like. hmmm. i hope its the one i like. :p

edit---- Who the hell is Grand Valley? lol... Grand Valley has the record for grand valley? ::dunce::

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I turn the ghost off. It never fails to mess me up. I don't think I've ever run a quicker lap if I'm behind the ghost for the first 1/4 of the lap.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Shit son! I haven't tried it in a mkiii yet, but 1'22 is damn good for laguna if memory serves me. Dammit, I wish I had my ps2 to contend in this...

I'm sure I'll be the one to resurrect this once you all lose interest :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
no doubt :)

if it's damn good then...wahoo! lol. i thought it was OK. it was pretty much perfect as far as staying on the track. almost lost it on the hill to the corkscrew... but i bet you could beat me. :)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Figit090;889909 said:
Check out the first page, your new name = Grand Valley :D

Fixt... it was like midnight, sorry.

Got my Laguna Seca time down to around 1'22.XXX... gotta smoke Joe... :biglaugh:

And for the life of me I can't get into the 9's in the 1/4. I give up.

EDIT: Nurburgring - 7'09.494, I'm really sure I can get it to go a 6'XX minute lap... I either need a lift kit and some off road tires or better driving.

Last edited:

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
haha...you still have almost a minute on me! and yeah...i felt the same way at least w/out a wing. havent tried it with a wing yet. i am going to in a minute :D

its ok. go back to the 1/4 mile later...maybe you'll think of something. ;)

thanks for puttin' the scores on the top. :)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
There's no doubt a wing is required for The Ring, highspeed with long corners is what downforce is all about. The wing really is a necessity.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
lol ^ it only takes less than 8 minutes with a supra, you can pull off two or three laps ;) if you're up to the challenge, that is ;) :p

I got closer on Grand Valley! 1'47.482