Gran Turismo 4 Challenge

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Jeff Lange;890439 said:
I have no time for the ring with a Supra, sorry, lol.

I'll see what I can come up with. I was just kidding about that anyways, n00bs. :p

The only n00bs here are n00bzorz that don't have times posted on the chart. Grow a pair and lets see what you've got :icon_razz

New times from me posted, I added a new track - Fuji Speedway, and I changed the name to specify which Grand Valley we're running, I'm assuming it's the speedway.

I abandoned my previous tuning that I had posted, anyone that's running it, I'll tell you there's a much better way to tune your car ;)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I'll post, geez, give me some time. I've never driven the MK3 on the ring before, lol.

I did do the 24hr endurance race with my roommate for 24 hours without pausing on January 1st/2nd though. After about 16 hours or so it's not nearly as much fun. :(

Jeff

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
fuck Keros! smackdown by tomorrow!!

GRRRRRR

anyway... haha, at least i still hold the 1/4 mile. and you already know there's a much better way to tune your car for that one ;) :p :biglaugh:

how long have you been playing? I've been out chopping and hauling around firewood, now i'm going to rent some movies and eat pot pie. i may not post new numbers until tomorrow... but i'll be back :)

i'll beat my new Grand Valley number of 1'47.482 so u dont have to worry about changing it yet.

----edit; Jeff - WOAH. I didn't dare i just stuck a moderately fast car on it and spent like 5ish hours watching and helping it along. i didn't have that kind of time (or motivation) to do so...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I love the first post update. Nice work Keros. :) Damn, I'll be palying for at least 3 hours tomorrow night. I really should be doing my BHG job though. lol.

Eh, maybe I won't sleep. Who needs sleep anyways when there are friendly gt4 challenges! :)

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Man I bought a driving force pro today and have been playing all day... too bad I didn't check this thread. I may have to jump in and challenge some of these times tomorrow

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraDerk;890783 said:
Man I bought a driving force pro today and have been playing all day... too bad I didn't check this thread. I may have to jump in and challenge some of these times tomorrow

Driving Force Pro FTMFW!!!!

That wheel actually makes driving accurately EASIER! Not like most any other wheel I've tried for ANY gaming system or arcade.

Only hard part is finding a good table to use to set it on.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
suprarx7nut;890819 said:
Driving Force Pro FTMFW!!!!

That wheel actually makes driving accurately EASIER! Not like most any other wheel I've tried for ANY gaming system or arcade.

Only hard part is finding a good table to use to set it on.

Yeah it definitely adds a new dimension to the game and blows my old steering wheel out of the water, haha. It's like actually driving a real car, I love it!

I've got it attached to one side of a wooden tv tray right now with a gallon Gatorade jug filled with water on the other side to keep the tray from flopping around. So far it's working out really well and only cost me $6, haha

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
HOLY SHIT! i totally forgot! I have a driving force! and a new table that will work perfect! YES!! haha....it was in the bottom of my entertainment center I didn't even think about it.

it's not a Pro but i only payed like 5 bux for it. WOAH it's worth 80 bux!? i never knew that! i'm going to set up this sucker and get used to it!!!!!! mwaahahaha.

i'm kinda stoked right now... i never had a table before so it was...meh. nice but hard to hold onto. we'll see how my times look now!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Oh man, you guys are pulling out teh racing wheelz. I'm gonna get owned with my little thumbstick :biglaugh:

The competition is heating up... we need new blood on the charts too. So far only 3 competitors...

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Ok I (hopefully) gained my track back...

El Captain - 1'34.779

and I'm proposing another new track, but its a short very fast track. Autumn Ring Mini.
There are a few spots you can hop the borders but I am fairly confident staying planted on the track is just as good.

My time on Autumn Ring Mini is 0'34.495

I like it because it's easy to race off a lot of laps in a few minutes and one screwup early in the lap doesn't cost a minute 30 like it would in El Captain :( I screwed up on the straight before the first turn on El Captain once and...i didnt like that. haha.

Can anyone compare the Driving Force wheel to the Driving Force Pro?? I personally have a diffucult time controlling the car with the Driving force...but i should try another car.

Either I have too much oversteer (purposely) dialed in on the supra to keep from wobbling at speed with the big wheel, opposed to the stick...or I am just not used to it yet. I'd like it if i could have a hands on comparison of the two wheels. i know one is lower end but it's still the best wheel i've used. force feedback makes me screw up more often than not!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The pro has 900 degrees of turning, and if memory serves me, the non pro only has 200. With the pro, you can be nearly infinitely precise with turning. Other than that I think they are very similar. The pro might have a more beefy feel, but 'd say its pretty similar.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I have a G25 and built a cockpit for it this summer. It's not totally finished yet, but it works at this point.

Jeff

cockpit3.jpg

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OMG! that setup is awesome!

900 degrees...nice. yeah that would help. right now you have to have a steady hand to keep my car straight and with the feedback turned on it's really difficult. i've been practicing with the controller so i might as well stay with it for seriousness. :( for now anyway. thanks suprarx7nut

if anyone has any tips for making mine better, holler!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Yeah the force feedback is tough to deal with sometimes *cough* el captain *cough* ... it can definitely destroy a good lap, but it does add a whole new level of realism though.

Nice setup Mr. Lange!! :bigthumb: I thought about the G25, but it was way too much money for me to justify spending on a controller, haha