Gauging Interest : Godfather Fender Flares Replica

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
tte said:
Hey guys,

I will have the modified flares to match the fender curve and with indentations to take bolts. If a person does not want to use bolts I will fill the indentations up.

That way would be the easiest. Otherwise it would be hard trying to please everybody.

Cheers,
Roy

P.S. very nioce flare kit...If someone has the abplug ones I would replicate them too...

sounds good... now get on it.... :)

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tte said:
Hey guys,

I will have the modified flares to match the fender curve and with indentations to take bolts. If a person does not want to use bolts I will fill the indentations up.

That way would be the easiest. Otherwise it would be hard trying to please everybody.

Cheers,
Roy

Sounds good. Anybody who is not using bolts has to mold them in anyways. And primer/paint them. Filling in a few holes with filler won't take much more effort.

I look forward to these, espec. if avail in carbon.

As far as the ABFlug, I will put my opinion in that they don't match the car, and look like they don't belong

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
tte said:
enough about debating whether bolts or no bolts look good.

photoshop anyone? :biglaugh:

garagefujimoto said:
Sounds good. Anybody who is not using bolts has to mold them in anyways. And primer/paint them. Filling in a few holes with filler won't take much more effort.

agreed. only thing is if someone wants carbon and no bolts. i guess you cant make everyone happy! unless you make a mould for everyone! *looks at roy...*:biglaugh:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
the top pic looks good but the bottom is to hard to make out and the flare dosn't go all the way over the mouldings. too hard for me to get an opinion thanks for the ps' work though! :icon_bigg

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
it dosnt even really look like a flare to me, it just kinda looks like a fender with flat black and some holes in it:biglaugh:

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Well if people want godfathers flares as is exactly like the original i would sell those too.
Two mold....modified flares and Godfathers flares.

Cheers,
Roy

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
and lo, the lord of the moulds spoke unto the masses. bringing the news to the people, "let there be two moulds for ye" and he saw that this was good...

lol...

im sure no matter what you do it will be good roy. you are the one in charge! just to clarify, materials will be carbon or frp?

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hear ye hear ye

the lord hath spoken the truth of the 2 molds

i'm down with the bolt ones, in case i hadn't mentioned lol

And for good times' sakes, here is the Full Diana Godfather Kit

kai_zer921-img600x350-1114929023di_god_70supra_f_600.jpg

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
tte said:
P.S. very nioce flare kit...If someone has the abplug ones I would replicate them too...

How about replicating the Kaze rear wide body fenders....
688445_48_full.jpg

Or the S2 rear fenders.
menu_05_products_04style.jpg

04_wider.jpg

I think these rear wider fenders will compliment the stock front much nicer then just the fender flares. The stock front already looks like it is widened, so adding widened rear fenders would match perfectly with the fronts.
Only problem buying from these shops is $1K + for the Kaze, and $900 for the S2. If these can be made and sold for $500, I would pick one up instantly.........

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
im not sure how i feel about the full godfather kit. its unique thats for sure. if i could get one and i had more than one mk3 id consider it.

regardless i think its cool you are going with the 2 mould thing. on a side note what am i going to do with the originals? i never put much thought into it.:icon_conf

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
stanzaspeed said:
the top pic looks good but the bottom is to hard to make out and the flare dosn't go all the way over the mouldings. too hard for me to get an opinion thanks for the ps' work though! :icon_bigg
thanks, but it's not a photoshop. it's a frame grab from a tribute video to Mike Urbano
http://www.hondahunter.com/videos/mike.wmv

and
garagefujimoto - that's the best picture of that yellow one i've seen. usually it's a small one you can't see very much detail.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
oh my mistake, i never seen mike's car with the fenders like that. :icon_conf
id like to see em in better detail.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
If you look at the yellow supra carefully,you will notice that the flares are exactly like the ones Stanzaspeed posted in his pics...Well they are the same. But doesnt it look great on the yellow car..I think for my supra i would just mount the unmodified flares...Lol...that yellow supra with the Godfathers kit kinda looks like an enlarged toy supra pic.

Cheers,
Roy

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
lol, yea its kinda hard to make the flares look good unpainted white on a dirty black 87 with the wrong trim. i just wanted people to see up close how far it would flare :)