Gauging Interest : Godfather Fender Flares Replica

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
tte said:
Thanks for the pic Tubbie.

Hmmm I love the look...Cant wait to make a set for my car.

Cheers,
Roy

hehe, i was looking for that pic but i couldn't find it. it looks way better than my pics.. lol! i cant wait to have a car to put my set on! :biglaugh:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Cool. I was following stanzaspeed's thread a while ago:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6116
and as I said there:
I'd be interested in a reasonably priced replicated set.
as, buying them is not the only cost involved..I got a quote for a full restoration paint job for $1700 and can't see spending a quarter of that just on fender flares. the body lines look fine the way they are. the fender flares are way down the list of want, but if the price were right :)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
im sure tte will make em for a good price. that way widdening of the fenders can be enjoyed by everyone! :icon_bigg

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
My only question is what happens to the actual metal flare, (part of the body), I'm not sure you will be able to run a wider wheel just because you run the flares. You may have to trim the actual body flare back and then cover it up with the Godfather flares. I thought about buying some of these a while back on a JDM site but had to sit back and ask my self this same question. I hadn't seen much about them on this site so I sidelined the idea for now, thinking that maybe the behind the scenes modification (cutting body) to accomodate larger wheels if lowered was more than the community was willing to do.

Please, don't read me wrong, I am not trying to hate on any one's idea or positive steps to improve on our platform, nor have I ruled out these flares, I really kinda like them, they remind me of the flares on my MKII. But I would like to run a really wide wheel to fill up the flare.

Just my .02

Wayne

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
stanzaspeed said:
you could get the lip of the fender rolled, giving you that much more space to run more meat in the ass end.

Yep! Got mine rolled! $60 for front and $60 for rear...so $120!

I am getting some wheel spacers too to kick out the wheels and get wider rears on!....I am going to need them in a few months LMAO

-Jonathan

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Just read the old thread by John...

I will not be selling the replicas for $400. I will sell it for $399....lol..Just Joking guys.

Cheers,
Roy

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
tubbie said:
Here's an old pic... Most of you know who's car this is....

supra 3rt4305.JPG

Are those SSR Sp1's? They are hot!

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
they sure are! thats mike U's old car.. that thing was sex on wheels!

tte: ya since i paid/wanted 400 for the origionals 399 sounds fair for replicas. :biglaugh: [/sarcasm]

oh and i hope you gave those clothes i sent down in that box a good home! :biglaugh:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
cause you dont want sexy curves? :biglaugh:
glad to see we got some interest in these! pile in guys! support Roy, hes doing us a big favor! :drink1:

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yes, carbon too.

I will have to go to the junkyard and pull some good fender panels to experiment with and come up with a bolt mounting method for the flares.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It could look wicked if you had the bolts visible, oyu know what I mean? Sorta like jeep flares, or the way some flares on s14 and s15 look. Carbon ofcourse.
eric