ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
scott, our buddy JR had a 60-1 on his mkiii he used to have, made around 450 at about 21 psi i think he said. and i thought that the t04b was only like a 61-62mm...i know the t04r, which is bigger or is supposed to be anyway, is a 67mm so im not sure how it could be 68.8, not trying to say that your wrong or anything, just stating what i know.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'm no turbo expert, I'm just sharing some information I found after researching on our mystery "hybrid upgrade."

Trim is the ratio of the exducer/inducer, not a physical measurment in mm or inches. Exducer^2/inducer^2 * 100 The trim size is a relative measure. A t04r 60 trim is going to be much larger than a t04b 60 trim.

Regardless of all this I made 360hp@15psi so the turbo should be good for well over 400hp if you want to run the boost in the 20s. It will probably be way out of its efficiency range though.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
ForcedTorque said:
I finally got my new shell today! Now I'm a true member of the 3E5 group, although it more resembles pink at the moment. Tooqkwik needs to PM me on some buffing techniques. TooStand was the Excellent seller on this one, all the props in the world go to him. He made sure that the car had everything that I didn't have in order to put it back together. He even brought a good dash, and a set of good door panels to put in it as well. Now, I have a lot of work to do.

As for pictures, these are the first pictures he sent me of the car, in it's current state. It turned dark as we were unloading it off his trailer, so I haven't taken any yet. Don't worry tho, I have a new camera, and will be taking large amounts of pics as I go along. I will post a comment before most of these pics.

Not gonna like the holes from the tag here

p613156_1.jpg

Supra heaven!

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
i see now, sorry bout that pat, didnt know you were speaking in trim size lol, i try to always stick to actually measurements and all so i can have hard numbers to compare by.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
A couple of small updates.............

1. I finally went back to the body shop and got my windshield cowling and wipers that he sprayed for me. He took it upon himself to spray them black....and then add a little red pearl over the top. It can only be seen in the right light/angle, but I really like it. I couldn't get it to show up in a photo.

2. I mailed the check today to driftmotion for my Aeromotive kit.

3. I also got word that my AFC-NEO got shipped today. It will probably be here by tomorrow or Wednesday. He's only 75 miles away.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I know it's not much of an update, but pics are worth a thousand words. I got my wheels swapped over to the red car today. If I can get work to calm down, and get my daughters graduation taken care of, maybe soon I can get the motor in this thing. Most of my parts have now been bought. I still need my intercooler set up. I found a Greeddy Profec B boost controller for $175 shipped. I'll be sending payment for that tomorrow. Here's a pic with the wheels.

p620936_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter said:
It's Frankensupra! Hey are those wheels 16 or 17 inch?
Also, did you get the sawblades stripped for the white one? If so, you got any pictures?

These are 16" wheels. And, yes, I did get the sawblades stripped. I didn't take pictures, because I didn't want to hurt James feelings. I honestly like the white car better on sawblades.....I think

OH......... And I have a secret paint scheme for Frankensupra. Paint will be last on this one. Hell I still gotta get a front bumper. No hurry, as the lack of one will assist in the motor install. I'm thinking aftermarket for a bumper.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I want to see the white one with the stripped blades. Sneak a pic to me through a pm. BTW, wished I'd kept up a little better and knew about you selling the white one. I might have bought it from you. Would have given me a reason to come to Alabammy.

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
back off! its mine! lol

sorry i didnt stop by this weekend scott, i misplaced your number and forgot to get it from bill. :nono: i have also run into some unforseen expenses on this paycheck, and to top it off, my raise is still yet to go through. i get paid again on the 31st and can send you a pretty good chunk then or a pretty small chunk now if you need a few bucks to throw at it right away.

oh and btw, you definately need to ride in bills car....it...never...stops...pulling....it was just....amazing, insainely amazing.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
ForcedTorque said:
I honestly like the white car better on sawblades.....I think

OH......... And I have a secret paint scheme for Frankensupra. Paint will be last on this one.

Sawblades are FTW on stock suspension......:icon_bigg

I love secret's!!! May want to let me in on that one though Scott if you are for serious about me painting it for you this winter.......:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I made it back from the track...........no 12's.

My car will easily run 12's though, just not with this transmission. I ran a 13.24 at 112mph, and in five races I never got it to go in third the first or second try. It always took about 1-2 seconds to get it in third. I don't know if it's the synchronizers or not, but at 7300 rpm, it doesn't like third................:cry:

sorry fir the hijack Scott.............Hey everybody.

Last edited: