p621414_1.jpg
Keep that spoiler black... I love that!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque said:
You say NO 12's.......then say you ran a 12.24! Is this a misprint?

Sorry Scott, it was a misprint. It was a 13.24. I"m going to rebuild my tranny from my 7mgte and add a stronger clutch and try it again at Chicago. Hopefully it will be a little cooler and my transmission will be cooperative.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Reign_Maker said:
Keep that spoiler black... I love that!

It's not black........That's one of many parts taken from my GREY car. This car has Rear Bumper, Tails, Spoiler, Mirrors, Moldings, Wheels, Gas Door, and Complete Interior from that grey car.

Keeping the Spoiler Grey is a thought, I kinda like that too. But the rest of the grey parts will end up 3E5 (except maybe the moldings)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
suprahero said:
I"m going to rebuild my tranny from my 7mgte and add a stronger clutch and try it again at Chicago. Hopefully it will be a little cooler and my transmission will be cooperative.

Um, your going to need all the help you can get to outrun the reds Jay....lol. Scott I hope you can make it as well????

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I gave $500 for the car............700 mile delivery was another thing. And, you only see about 10 of his Parts cars. I think he has 2-3 times that. He had this one pretty stripped, but it's what I wanted, and i had all the parts it needed.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
because i have been trying forever to get a supra. i had given a buddy of mine in texas $200 for a 87 turbo w/ rod knock and a na 5spd. the trouble was getting it from texas to alabama. eventually someone came along and offered him $1000 for it and he refunded me. then another one slipped through my fingers for $1000 in alabama and it was 450whp capable just had bhg. my friend sold it in the shopper due to getting a ticket for it sitting in his yard.
then through a series of events where i was determined to finally get one, i stumbled across scotts fs thread on sf. we talked and worked out the details and now its becoming mine. lol, not quite mine yet but its getting closer. especially since i sent another payment his way today and another will be sent in a week and a half.
having seen this car in person and ridden in it, i think im getting an amazing deal at 3600 total. i think scott is happy too because the red car will be "finished" and painted with that amount.
plus id rather it be in scotts hands than anybody else, i know he will take care of it, though i did give him permission to get on it every now and again so it doesnt feel neglected. lol :bigthumb:

*whew* now my fingers are tired...sorry for the kinda sorta thread jack.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
jmoneydtb said:
because i have been trying forever to get a supra. i had given a buddy of mine in texas $200 for a 87 turbo w/ rod knock and a na 5spd. the trouble was getting it from texas to alabama. eventually someone came along and offered him $1000 for it and he refunded me. then another one slipped through my fingers for $1000 in alabama and it was 450whp capable just had bhg. my friend sold it in the shopper due to getting a ticket for it sitting in his yard.
then through a series of events where i was determined to finally get one, i stumbled across scotts fs thread on sf. we talked and worked out the details and now its becoming mine. lol, not quite mine yet but its getting closer. especially since i sent another payment his way today and another will be sent in a week and a half.
having seen this car in person and ridden in it, i think im getting an amazing deal at 3600 total. i think scott is happy too because the red car will be "finished" and painted with that amount.
plus id rather it be in scotts hands than anybody else, i know he will take care of it, though i did give him permission to get on it every now and again so it doesnt feel neglected. lol :bigthumb:

*whew* now my fingers are tired...sorry for the kinda sorta thread jack.

Well I'm happy for ya I guess. I'm jealous. Had I'd seen it in the classifieds back then, it would be in my driveway now parked beside my gay blue one.

BTW, Scott congrats on getting your daughter through high school. She graduated tonight right?

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gtsfirefighter said:
BTW, Scott congrats on getting your daughter through high school. She graduated tonight right?

Yeah, another girl from the south that didn't end up barefoot and pregnant without a highschool edumacation, telling everyone she's going to go get her GED after the baby gets here..............:biglaugh:

That's just good parenting there..............:bowdown:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
ForcedTorque said:
it's gonna have:

CT-26 with an H3 Wheel and "about a 57 Trim" Acquired from Suprahero w/about 200 miles on it.
PTE "550" - 635cc injectors
Lexus AFM
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure regulator
JDub J-Tube - Won't be needed
SAFC-II or AFC-NEO -............. Now have the AFC-NEO
Full 3"Exhaust with No Cats, and JDub Ported Elbow
Driftmotion Larger Spearco Replica IC w/ 2 1/2 Piping
Hose Techniques Red Vacuum lines
XTD Stage 3 Clutch
Undecided on Intake filter........please give insight .........probably one from Driftmotion
Also not sure what I will use for a boost controller..........Bought a Greddy Profec B Boost Controller

Future parts:
a Better Radiator
Jawsgear 1 piece Driveshaft
Probably a better clutch soon after the motor install

Everything has now been purchased, except for my Walbro and Intercooler set-up. Once I get my new Vaccuum lines, I will be ready to install this motor.

Nobody caught the fact that with the Aeromotive FPR, I won't be needing the pretty J-Tube from JDub. It's bought long ago, but I told him to hold it until I have some other parts sent to him , and send it all back together. I guess I'll let him re-sell that.

Anyway, I have updated the list to show how a few changes have taken place lately.

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
again, if i were only able to take time off and come down to help you put her in i would be there in a heartbeat...as long as i could find a ride! lol i think i want to see your 3e5 running almost as much as i want the white one in my driveway every night! :biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I've done a couple of solo motor installs. But, now Chas is old enough to help out. And, I have Jim (n2fishn69) who is gonna help so that I take care of the new paint this time.

After install of the motor, I have Noah89T read y to come over from Gautier to help with the Walbro, and help me look into installing other goodies like the Profec B and AFC-Neo

Hopefully the motor will be ready to go in by next weekend

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Sounden good Scotty!!! Looks like you should have it up and runnen for Chicago??? Hope the 7M gods bless you and all goes off without any trouble.:icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well through a screw up of my own, my Hose Techniques Vaccuum Lines just got shipped yesterday. So, no install this weekend.

James told me I have mail coming............and I should be sending Driftmotion some more money. This time it should be my Spearco Replica Intercooler. And we'll see.......I might be able to swing my Walbro or Intercooler piping as well.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
mk3forme said:
If you get a new intercooler, wont you HAVE to get new piping as it wont hook up to your existing?

YES..........But funds are not all there yet.

I'm putting the intercooler on hold right now anyway. I have found a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch that I need to install before the motor goes in. SupraNBama is selling his with only 2000 miles on it. I just don't trust that my XTD is gonna hold the new set up. I liked it for the lower hp grey car, but it was going to be a concern in this car. The centerforce is not known to last forever, but I don't drive but about 50-60 miles a week.

Maybe ebay will be kind to me this week, and I can still get the intercooler AND pipes too.

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
wish i could fund faster, but i dont get paid that much...hopefully this months payment will be able to go a good ways.