ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
come to think of it... take your time. All i come to SM for is your build Scott and Dave's. Until the time comes to make my own build thread i wont have anything to do if you guys finish !!!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
noah89t;894844 said:
but he has yet to make an actual money tree, wtf:3d_frown:

Mine's in the back yard ... still hasn't seasoned yet... its drops a penny or two once in a while. :aigo:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Well the car did not tune today as it was supposed to do. Work was rough this week, and I didn't get time to try to iron out those few problems it still has. I went and got some new plugs after work last night, but it started raining right as I got off work. It has not stopped raining yet for more than 15 minutes at a time. I would have done some work in the rain, but it has also been in the mid 30's as well.

Things still to be addressed:

1. Swap plugs
2. fix the coolant hose leading to the bottom of the throttle body (leaking, cracked hose)
3. Find reason why the tach just quit working on stock gauge and the NEO.
4. Change oil Pressure sending unit
5. Change water temp sender.
6. Replace the speedo cable. Buying one from Tubbie, so that'll probably be next weekend or later.

The tuner will be able to do it Wednesday or Thursday if I can fix everything other than the speedo by then. If not, we will get it done as soon as we can both do it. He's no longer full time running the dyno. He has a shift work job now, and works the dyno on his days off. Naturally a weekend day off would be great, but I have to use up a vacation day before late February.

I need a little advise on how to track down my tach problem. I have seen that it could be due to the igniter or CPS wiring. I just wouldn't know how to go about testing. I have redone the wiring for tach signal at the ECU, and I tried to rework it both with the NEO and without. Neither was any help, so I don't think I'm getting signal to that point.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Finally! I got a chance to work on my car tonight when I got home from work. My plan was to try and swap my plugs, and fix that leaking coolant line under the throttle body. I also wanted to swap the oil pressure sensor and water temp sender. BUT, once again, it started to rain after about 3 plugs. The rain was not bad, and it wasn't quite as cold as the weekend, so I stayed in the rain to finish the plugs off. By the time I finished them, it pretty much stopped raining. My iridium plugs were Aweful, and nowhere close to gapped right. Gaps were all between 24-28, not the recommended 32, and they were very black from all of the attempts to get the car running. So with more rain in the forecast, I put the intake piping back on, and took the car around the block. I also discovered while swapping plugs that my wires had no locks at the coil packs. I have a set I will soon put on.

My drive around the block was VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car still had a little of the miss, but the car would drive like a normal car pretty much. So, I gave it a little more gas than I have had the nerve to give it before now. It boosted to about 7 Pounds........BEFORE I blew the intercooler piping off the 3000 pipe where I did not clamp it back. I didn't put everything back together good, because I will be taking it all back apart to fix the leaky coolant line.

Cliffs:

Swapped Plugs
Still missing wiring clips
Slight Miss

7 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This gives me a lot more hope that tuning is going to really help this car. My little miss is either due to the missing wirring locks, or the NEO. We will soon know.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Scott, and way to hang in there with the rain. I was in the dungeon sanding Vondas valve covers while it storm'd away. Luckily I have a non leaking roof over the dungeon.

7 pounds.........you're half way there.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well the boost controller is the last thing I haven't finished performance wise. Everything is mounted except the vacuum lines on it. I have about 8 different diagrams of how it should be, but I'm confused as to which one to use. There have been many things on this car that I was scared of, but have done without help. I'm sure I will figure it out, but have been more worried with other little problems so far.