ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
gtsfirefighter;883937 said:
It's stuff that keeps you from working on your car, only good in small doses.

what you talking about?

first supra, 3am freezing weather snow on the ground, me and my friend Jon are putting a motor in :naughty::naughty:

Scott snow is something that makes working on your car really difficult, but you should never stop working on what you love :evil2:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque;883942 said:
Here's a picture of how I mounted my fuel pump relay. I think I'm going to have this area painted when the car gets painted.

p884587_1.jpg
Scott, I would be concerned about the 2 wire coming from the fuel pump rubbing on that cover plate and creating a short,and you might want to sand the area around the ground to make a longer lasting ground. Just my 2 cents. John

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
noah89t;884328 said:
i don't ever see pics of people working on their cars in the snow.
maybe in the garage while it snows outside.

p885028_1.jpg

This is at 3am in the morning, :icon_razz that white stuff on the ground is snow...
hell my red one, again me and Jon worked on in the rain! when i first brought it home engine was disassembled and i wanted to hear it work :) ... So you guys should have NO excuse for not having updates and pics.... except maybe having a life than your forgiven :sarcasm:

Id get that ground fixed up as well, maybe remove some of that rust.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, to hell with them.........if you want your car to catch on fire, that's your business.

Just kidding my friend. I'm pretty sure they're all correct, well except for the birdshot fellow. He hardly ever knows what he's talking about. Good luck with the rest of the project.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahooked;884587 said:
Scott, I would be concerned about the 2 wire coming from the fuel pump rubbing on that cover plate and creating a short,and you might want to sand the area around the ground to make a longer lasting ground. Just my 2 cents. John

noah89t;884873 said:
i agree with suprahooked, and possibly remake that other ground

buckshotglass;884885 said:
Yep, what they said. That's a fire hazard. I would protect the relay a little too. The carpet will pull those connectors off someday.

UkiSash;885028 said:
Id get that ground fixed up as well, maybe remove some of that rust.

p885063_1.jpg

LEAVE SCOTT ALONE!!!

:biglaugh:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
agreed. You might be better off to drill another hole close to the cover and use a hole grommet so there is no danger of those sheaths on the wires rubbing through.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
mk3forme;885548 said:
agreed. You might be better off to drill another hole close to the cover and use a hole grommet so there is no danger of those sheaths on the wires rubbing through.

that'd be too much work for me id just drill a hole in the cover it self.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
John.......Thanks for noticing what yoiu did! I think that's the point of a build thread, so we can all look out for each other. I have been busy writing my how to, and editing pics for it. And then I had to figure out how to get it posted. I'll finish it tonight, and hopefully it will all be there by tomorrow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Not a lot to report lately, but I do have a little news. first, I finished my write up on the Walbro install, and now have two modifications to do to my wiring. One was caught here, and the other caught in that thread. I haven't done any of the repairs yet, because I have been working most of this weekend. I got a chance to do some good overtime work this weekend, so I can recoup some of my build money that I had to spend on fixing our Trailblazer. I come home from doing that work, and I have a reply from the tuner with pricing on getting the car tuned. Turns out that I made more than enough to get that done, even if it takes all day to tune it. I sent a message back, asking if we could schedule it for next weekend, so we will see.