ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
What can I say , I ran out of masking tape!!!

And only the skirts and the 3e5 are the same, I have a diffferent Front and rear.....I just posted pics with rear bumper on.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
tookwik4u89 said:
You have to remove the fronts, and I cut a chunk out of the rear so the rear end mounted flush. Also, that top edge with the 4 holes I cut off completely, that's just me though. It's sooooooo much fun;););)

Thanks Ken! Anybody need some mud flaps. My red ones are trash, but i have been dragging my feet on putting more grey there.

suprahero said:
He's not doing it to help Scott out. He's trying to intimidate us with all of these red cars..............:3d_frown:

You're right Jay, he's not really helping me a whole lot. I'll just take my parts and a wheelbarrow full of cash to the body man. There's no way I could match Kens effort with the Body..........or Motor........or Wheels.....or Stance! That's one awesome car all around.

And, you should be intimidated. Two very nice 7M Red machines are coming. But, NO they won't be quite as identical as you scared guys may think.

da89soup said:
p677866_1.jpg

Holy crap theres two of them???:biglaugh:

Its like you two are building the same car??? Just what the world needs, two Red Rockets....lol

Scott better enjoy those ramps now cause after you lower it they no fitty anymore!!!!:icon_bigg

Ryan, the car is already lowered! I have no clue what kind of suspension was used. I had to use a very small scissor type jack to pick it up enough for the floor jack to be able to jack it up onto the ramps. I think my wheels will look better on the Red than it did on grey or white.......but I have been told (and agree) that I might want something a little bigger.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
All right, nothing really happened with the car today........BUT..............This should please you BLUE guys!!!!!!!!!(Jay, Ryan, Ken, not the Red Ken, but firefighter Ken, Kwnate, MK3FORME)

If I should happen to miss Chicago.......or if the paint on the Red car gets delayed a bit, here would be the reason. Story follows pic............

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's a quick little story.........A long lon.........O Hell...3 years ago, I was running newspapers one night for extra money. While running 50 mph I caught a glimpse of the edge of a tail light down a 10 ft wide alley I past. I whipped it around, and sooned owned the Grey car I would soon grow to love. A one in a million shot at finding a car.

I have always held a soft spot for that lot, and always glance over there if I should pass it to this day. And, on THIS particular day (today), I passed that 10 ft stretch in heavy traffic. Low and behold, I once again I caught a familiar tail light. It was a little harder to turn around this time. But, I found that this beautiful car will soon also be for sale. It currently has rod knock, but the owner will not sell it cheap in that shape. He gave me a price he will want after the motor is rebuilt. Who knows, I may buy a second really nice Supra from the same parking space. Right now it is just a possibility. Stay tuned.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There will be no acceptable excuses for missing Chicago. If you buy that car, you will have your wife trying to kill you in your sleep.............:biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
^^^I agree with Jay!!! Having your wife trying to kill you in your sleep sucks. I haven't slept for going on 3 months now because I am afraid Lanette will do it??? Man am I tired!!!!:icon_bigg

Scott I personally would pass on this car and finish the red car making it everything you want before buying something else??? But thats just my two cents do what makes you happy.....:icon_bigg

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
I agree. Get your red one done first. Heck for all you know that car might not even be ready to sell by the time you finish yours. Maybe you will get lucky!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I ran into a major bump in the road!

My wiring harness will not match up, and I had plenty of other frustrations on Friday night. I had my harness and 3 dashes out in my driveway before putting the dash in the car. But the big grey non-ECU plug is not right.

I have a Supra buddy in Atlanta who is bringing me a Supra this week to install a motor in (it's going into storage until my car is finished). He has 5-6 extra harnesses that he will bring, and hopefully I will know by Wednesday if I need to start searching for another one. I hate looking for a harness.

I have gotten a little closer this weekend, but alot of stuf will have to be re-done. I'm gonna have to re-do my injector clips and AFC wires to the new harness. And, while I have the intake plenum off to swap the harness, it will be easy to make that part look a good bit better. It's just time consuming, but doing it with experience this time will probably improve the final results, so I'm looking at it as a positive.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think I have some of my harness out in the dungeon. I will look and see what I have in case you need something. Good luck with the other install as well..............when are you opening up your garage? Maybe you can talk Aaron into letting you call it Bamamotion.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
another red one??? Geesh! Where are you guys finding these deals on these? Congrats, I think you might have more supes than me now. lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
mk3forme said:
another red one??? Geesh! Where are you guys finding these deals on these? Congrats, I think you might have more supes than me now. lol

No! I only have 4 right now. James will be picking up his white car in the next few weeks too. And once MY Red car runs, the parts car will be leaving as well. This new Red car will be my daily if I buy it, or my son will get it. Or hell, I could flip it for a nice profit.