FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
LilMissMkIII;1281431 said:
Hopefully it shows up today!

If not, looks like we will be transplanting Sam's engine into my car this weekend...

I have absolutely NO idea why we didn't realise earlier that we had another 7M sitting in the driveway doing nothing... *shakes head at my biggest blonde moment EVER*

Great thing is though that his has a Turbo A head :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Is the Turbo A head actually any different?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
LilMissMkIII;1281708 said:
I honestly don't know... But I think it's awesome to just have a turbo A part on my car :D

Lol fair enough, I can understand that. I have the fuel rail and throttle body from the Group A race car here, and whilst I dont know if they are any different, they still have a coolness attachd to them

One way to make your head different is to introduce some nice HKS cams to it :)

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
I understand

I have those brand new BC springs and retaineers to sell too now

If you are really interested I am happy to hold them for a pre-determined amount of time.

Maybe we can talk about this later on. I want to wait till my head is actually finished and no unexpected issue arises with the new gear before I part with the other stuff anyway

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Later on sounds great to me... :D

-----------------------

Managed to sort out an engine crane for the weekend, so tomorrow we will be getting Sam's 7M running 100% right, then swapping the engines over... If all goes well, we should have my car up and running by Sunday night!!!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
the turbo A cylinder head is the same but the cams and springs are different,

also the turbo A fuel rail is the same but the throttle body is 2mm bigger!!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Slow_Sc3;1281866 said:
the turbo A cylinder head is the same but the cams and springs are different,

also the turbo A fuel rail is the same but the throttle body is 2mm bigger!!

The throttle body and ruel rail I wa referring to are not Turbo A but Group A ie they came off the factory Toyota backed race car used in group A touring car racing, 2 completely different things ;)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
like wow, that interior work is great! I been wanting to learn how to do stuff like that.

good work. hope you get it back together soon.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks guys!!!

I am hoping and praying and crossing fingers and toes everything goes to plan and we have it running on Sunday!!!!!!!!

I am cleaning the house this morning and baking and decorating a trial Christening cake for Chloe... Will try and get the driver's door trim back together at some point, as well as attempting to get the door trims back on the car...

But this is all dependent on the little one being well behaved... *fingers crossed*

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yep, they're here!!!!!!!!!!! :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

The swap didn't go as planned.... (Even though we went out and bought a bloody engine crane to do it!)

We are putting the hg and the head on tonight...

Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Lol!

It took Sam 10 minutes to get the outside packaging off!!! You packed it VERY well!

We haven't taken it out of it's Toyota packaging yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.