FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I would have also, if I had the time for both the head and the block to be machined, as well as the cash for that to happen.

Given that we were going to tear it down againa not even a month later, the stocker was better.

Not that it matters now..

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
LilMissMkIII;1287406 said:
I would have also, if I had the time for both the head and the block to be machined, as well as the cash for that to happen.

Given that we were going to tear it down againa not even a month later, the stocker was better.

Not that it matters now..

I see, understandable. :icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Dang girl. I sorry to read of your troubles.

When I was doing my 6MGE build, my ex gave me the cylinder head from his turbo car, that had been sitting for awhile. Apparently corrosion had to it pretty badly, but we couldn't see it until the head was cleaned and milled already.

I was VERY sketchy when I saw it come back looking like this:

p1288843_1.jpg

p1288843_2.jpg

Definitely didn't want to BHG, so I took it back the machine shop and bitched...

They drilled a hole near the water jacket, and punched an aluminum peg in it and then sanded it smooth.

See discoloration on the left side of head...
p1288843_3.jpg

Has held up fine (I BHGd anyway but it wasnt in that cylinder, lmfao)

I would gather that would be the cheapest solution, I am unsure as to how it would up to boost though.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
LilMissMkIII;1288824 said:
So... What would using 2J spark plugs (gapped to about 1.2mm) do to a 7M????

I wouldn't do this. :nono:

7M Plugs are JIS. JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) is a Japanese organization which establishes standards for the production of Japanese automobiles and their parts. The JIS height for a spark plug from the seat to the top of the terminal nut is 53mm (2.086").

2JZ Plugs are ISO. ISO (International Standards Organization) is an international organization which establishes standards for the production of automobiles and their parts. The ISO height for a spark plug from the seat to the top of the terminal nut is 50.5mm (1.98").

http://www.sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.asp?kw=ISO&mfid=0

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Lol... It wasn't something I was going to do silly! :p

We pulled the spark plugs out on Saturday and FOUND the 2J ones were in there and they weren't even gapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Along with everything else, it is no wonder the engine blew :(

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Feeling for your pain, K...

Hope you get things all sorted out and BACK on the road!:icon_bigg

(Just keep thinking how REWARDING driving your car will be when it's ready... new seats shining... trim fresh and inviting!:biglaugh:)

I'm convinced that one of the primary attractions of the supra is the ANTICIPATION that eventually becomes MANIFESTATION when it finally DOES run like the wind!

-crisp

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks mate :D

I really can't wait until I get to drive her again... It's been nearly 12 months!!!!!!

(Time flies with a little one around!!!!!)

Bit of a newb question for those that peek their heads in here:

I was doing a quick browse earlier today and I read that there are people pushing 600-700hp with just a piggyback/fuel computer... Would pissing off the mapecu2 be a good idea and replacing it with something else... If so, what would be best to replace it with?

(bearing in mind I have a T04 arriving shortly)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
BUMP.

Would still like an answer to the above question if there is anyone around that can help.

Also, I hate you Dan, look what you inspired me to buy (BRAND NEW, and cheap as chips)!!!!!!!!!!

p1302655_1.jpg

p1302655_2.jpg

p1302655_3.jpg

p1302655_4.jpg

The turbo it will be covering should be here early next week!!!!!!!! :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Nice score, where did you get it from?

And what turbo will you be getting?

We need to chat on MSN soon to organise these parts if you are still keen, heat shield, mouldings and that gauge holder.

Dan is broke lol

Though I did get my money from Kevin Rudd today, yay!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Got it from WogRocket on sf.com.au

I bought Mk3's T04... Should be here next week hopefully!

Def still keen on those parts... Hit me up on msn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.