FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Just found out last night that the guys working on her during the week didn't open the heater tap when they bled the radiator :3d_frown: They also didn't use the Toyota Red that we supplied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard the dreaded waterfall sound when turning her off :(:(:(

We will bleed her properly this arvo, top her up with Toyota Red, and see if that makes any difference.

If the head is blown (which I am hoping it isn't!!!!!), the workshop will be wearing the cost of a stock rebuild. Not sure yet if I can afford to fork out for full rebuild...

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
LilMissMkIII;1151306 said:
Just found out last night that the guys working on her during the week didn't open the heater tap when they bled the radiator :3d_frown: They also didn't use the Toyota Red that we supplied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard the dreaded waterfall sound when turning her off :(:(:(

We will bleed her properly this arvo, top her up with Toyota Red, and see if that makes any difference.

If the head is blown (which I am hoping it isn't!!!!!), the workshop will be wearing the cost of a stock rebuild. Not sure yet if I can afford to fork out for full rebuild...

if they blew my motor up and didn't follow my instructions, I'd be in there ripping asses apart

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
If its any reassurance for you id doubt very much a few airbubbles in your cooling system will kill your motor, especially since it hasnt been made to work hard yet.Look forward to seeing some numbers.:icon_bigg

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Clueless - I would, but they are pretty good mates of ours. We will first try to eliminate any and all causes of the miss before we start pointing fingers.

Wiseco - I'm hoping so, but you never know.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
There was a little bit of overheating prior to her coming off the road, but never milky oil or any other signs of the dreaded bhg. And the overheating was only ever on super hot days, or after really long drives.

Will send Sam up to ESP this arvo to get the print outs of the runs, and will upload them for you to have a look at.

We will do a damn good flush out... Might even see if Sam can bring home the fancy schmancy bleeder he has at work.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I'm still poppin' in to see how it's goin', Missy...

...sorry to hear about the heat, hope it is minor. I think MY miss turned into a stuck valve!:cry: Not certain, but I've had mine "mothballed" for the season (or two) while other projects flourish... so I'm doing my build by watching YOURS and such...

Hope it gets sorted and HAULS ASS!:biglaugh:

-crisp

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sorry to disappoint Jay :(

Haven't had the time to investigate the miss or even put the interior back in.

I'm hoping we can get to that this weekend.

I do have a secret though!!!! :D:D:D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Everybody needs a little excitement in their lives. I will be expecting some good secrets revealed in the near future.

Did you see the picture of Vixen and I that I posted in the faces to names? Dont' stare directly at it. Just kinda glance at it and you should be safe.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Haha!!!!

GTS - Why do you deserve to know first huh?????

Jay - I saw it, and I think it's lovely!!!!!!!!! :) You need to stop being so self-deprecating :)

Status
Not open for further replies.