FAN-F*CKING-TASTIC!!!

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
HellsLegion said:
Yup. You can sue the company for somthing about an incompitent driver

Exactly. If he has any points against his license, any history or DUI, any past accidents, or even as simple as if he was in the right place can make it napas fault. I delivered pizza for almost 2 years, And had i crashed it would have been dominos ass and not mine. Same if i get injured or crash myself while working for them, and i think its the same rules for any company driving job. A lawyer will find something, But i think you could get a nice out of court settlement out of them. If not, complain of back and neck pain, wear a neck brace, and use the old whiplash trick ;) ANyways, I hope you can fix the car, and if you ever need help with it just shoot me a PM or IM, Ive got some good welding/body work experience and people i could offer...

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
duuuude tahts brutal. but hey, with the lawsuit that u can make against them/him ull be able to build on hell of a 7m! :D sorry to see it though man... that is written off for sure ::(

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Ok, short version.

1) He is 100 % at fault for this loss.
2) His insurance company, for NAPA and their driver will pay for the loss.
3) You were injured, and have what is called a BI claim. (Bodily Injury.)
4) Your car might be repairable if you press them the right way, or if not, you should be able to negotiate a very good settlement on the vehicle.
5) Do not sign any medical releases other than a medical bills and reccords release. Also you have lost wages since your missing work due to this.
6) They owe you a rental car for the time your out of your Supra. From the date of loss to the date they either make you an offer to total it, or repair it.
I'm not a lawyer, so I can't give you advice, but here's what I'd do in your position.
1) I would not get a lawyer unless the other company pulls your chain.
2) I would make sure your fine. X-rays and other diagnostic tools are good to have. Your most likely going to be fine, but make sure your going to be fine. (It sounds like you have a soft tissue injury, or muscle strain and sprain. Lawyers like to call this "Whiplash".)
3) When your feeling better in a few weeks, it's time to resolve your BI.
Here is a good rule of thumb. If you have 2000.00 in meds, and 500.00 in lost wages, you should get 2500.00 cash, and the guy's insurance should pay the 2000.00 in med bills. (Or if you want to pay them, they give you 4500.00 cash... )

Everyone's slightly different, but matching meds/wages are "normal" in this business. Lawyers will tell you they get 5 to 7 times meds.. BULLSHIT! LOL Depends on the type of injury. IF your going to recover 100% then you get matching money at best. If you have lost an arm, or leg or eyesight or something like that, it's worth more, but again, ONLY if you have a permenent injury that will change your life.

My thought is the good news is the guy that hit you should have insurance since he's with NAPA. (Worst thing is when your hit by some asshole with no insurance, and no money to cover the loss out of pocket. Then you have to pay your deductable, and let your insurance company handle the loss, and try and recover the money owed. Generally they don't recover much, and it takes months and even years to recover if they do.

Good luck.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
shittyyi7.jpg

My current state of being.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Im not looking to get rich, I just want the towing and hospital shit payed for, and my car completely fixed and repainted.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I wouldn't try to get rich, Justin. I'd just try to get out of it ahead.
Get them to settle for enough to pay for your bills, a new supra, and about 500whp or so :D
Joe's right, that isn't worth fixing, sadly enough. Supra's don't take getting rear ended very well..

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Yes it might have bent the whole rear subframe assembly. But, take it to a body shop, and see what they can do with it. What I would say is get a good targa panel, and see if it fits in place correctly. If it all bolts down well, your frame is probably OK, because that would definatley be a weak point in a crash. I know the actual panel is bent, but the car might be too. And like I said if i still had my n/a i would donate it to your cause, but all i have is my broken ttt :( Also dont settle for a "totaled" deal with the insurance, because there going to give you blue book value, which on an old supra is like 2000. And if since you wont have any recipts for work you did, all you can do is claim the parts you have records for. Or dont you work at that car place? get your boss to write you some labor receipts :) haha.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
whiplash can be good for about 40k here in ct, a few of my friends got it.

what i would do, have the car totaled, buy it back for 500, buy another MK3 and start swapping

or buy a mk4 with the whiplash money

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
A lot of people have told me to sue and settle out of court for a pretty good amount of money.
I have every reciept from every single thing at my machine shop, and everytime I went to toyota, including oil and coolant and everything.