FAN-F*CKING-TASTIC!!!

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Boy did I have a great night last night.
I JUST finished my 1000 mile break in on my motor, so I was going to a friends to get some new oil to change into my car.
Long story short, there were cars coming in the other lane, so I stop and signal.
I'm stopped MAYBE 4 seconds when some 60 year old guy in a NAPA parts truck blasts me in the rear passenger corner doing like 50 mph.
I have never been so mad/frustrated/disgusted in my entire life.
I didn't want to be near the car so I told the cop to just tow it.
Basically it was 100% his fault, but I don't know what's going to happen with the car.
His little Ford Ranger wouldn't even start, the cop had to shove him off the road. My car ran and drove fine, although I only drove it 7 feet down the street to pull off. Did'nt realize how hard he hit me until he brought me a chunk of my 3 piece wing that flung itself god knows where.
I went to the hospital today because I woke up and my neck and right foot were actually killing me.
Everyone is telling me to sue NAPA.
I'm gonna take it to a good body shop that my uncle knows and have him look at it.
Taking these pictures was the longest I looked at the car today, I didn't want anything to do with it because it makes me sick.
Fucking figures, I break my ass for a year and a half to get to this point, and the car still isn't even close, God forbid I own something that isn't fucked up.
Sorry for the rant, I'm still not in the mood right now :3d_frown:
Good thing I started a build thread 2 days ago...

crash001nt0.jpg

crash002sr2.jpg

crash003rc1.jpg

crash005zh2.jpg

Here's a GREAT picture of my targa not sitting right. I had the top off and stashed in the hatch, so naturally it was jammed in the back when I went to take it out.
crash006oz1.jpg

crash007au0.jpg

-Justin

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
lintlars said:
Holy shit man that really sucks is the targa bent or is it the car?

Its the targa. I had it in it's mounts, and when I went to where it was towed to put the roof on, the metal was bent in a way that it smashed and got stuck.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
oh man, that sucks royally! don't sign off on anything until you're 100% healthy. Talk about worst case spots to get bingoed. At least you walked away, albeit with a limp...

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
When you talk to the doc don't forget to mention your headaches and doublevision and dizziness...and you never had a history of seizures before this didja?...

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
damn man that sucks.... unfortunately it looks to me like that car will be considered totaled by any insurance company. and the fact you had the targa off means theres probably more damage that isnt visible.

i would definitely be thinking lawsuit...but moreso against the person who hit you then against napa.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
starscream5000 said:
He would be better off suing Napa, the person that hit him probably doesn't have shit as far as funds go ;).

napa did nothing wrong here and he wont get very far....not to mention they have MUCH HIGHER PAID AND BETTER attorneys then joe schmoe im sure....

you MIGHT be able to get a settlement from napa out of court... but i still think going after the guy who did it is the better idea.

OR BOTH ;)

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
first off...are YOU ok?

all right...so first off you gotta sue the guy for every penny..which probably isnt much...cause he's some busted ass, no good guy thats probably got his ass chewed out and fired...then you have to hopefully file something against NAPA since he was driving a company truck...hopefully you can get everything you deserve...sue them bastards! and after you collect...then you can....
HellsLegion said:
3. Remove engine, swap in new car
4. Paint
5. ??????
6. Profit

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
holy shit, justin. that really sucks! :( i hope you feel alright. sue someone and make enough cash off the suit to get yourself either A)- awesome bodywork and frame pulling, or B)- another mk3

if there's no frame damage, you could probably fix that.

-shaeff

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Yeah I feel ok.
I guess from anger and adrenaline I didn't feel anything last night, I was just numb.
Today was a different story.
I have my goofy looking neck brace thing on, and my foot hurts still.
Monday it goes to the body shop.