Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Yea, fuel pumps don't like running at 100% all the time, same with injectors, don't want 100% duty cycle because you have no overhead if you need a little more fuel for some reason.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
CryoSlash;891574 said:
p1200003po2.jpg

You be missing a cover over the Steering rack here...
Mine never had one either. Don't believe him, it's a trap!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Couple of boxes showed up today, '98 MKIV motor mounts and head alignment pins from Champion along with a 50mm knockoff HKS WG from my friends at CXRacing (didn't realize how freakin big this thing would be):
p1300009fp9.jpg

Noticed a gap around the plunger, is this normal?:
p1300012ae0.jpg

p1300014mk5.jpg

Hoping to finish assembly this week and possibly drop the 7M in on Sunday depending on how things go. I'm also ripping the wallpaper out of my master bathroom so we'll see what gets done and what doesn't :)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Decided to go ahead and part out all my 7M stuff, added it up and I should be able to get what I need for the rest of the 2j swap parts:). Also saves me the trouble of swapping engines twice.

If anybody needs anything 7M related let me know, I'll be putting a for sale thread up tonight after I take some pictures...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
mobes;906449 said:
Good idea :)

Figured you would think so :) My weekend is open (other than ripping down some wallpaper) if you wanna tackle that leaky water pipe or need someone to do WOT runs while you tune:evil2:

BTW-need some 7M parts?? lol

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
I still need a battery and to hook up my wideband before tuning (if it even works, brand new AEM gauge melted in the sun in the gauge pod on the dash :mad:). I'm not sure how I want to tackle the pipe but if you're up for it we can tear into it tomorrow and play it by ear.

Do you know of someplace that could repair the pipe (preferably TIG)? If we can get that fixed I should be about ready to rock.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Been sick all week but I managed to sell a bunch of parts and order most of what I need to get the swap done :) 1j bellhousing is on the way as well as a South Bend Stg3 clutch and some goodies from Driftmotion. I'm hoping to get all the rewiring and engine assembly done over the next couple of weeks and drop it in the next weekend I'm home (23rd). I'll try to do a good job documenting everything and take a bunch of pics!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Not much to report yet, stripped the harness of the 2j and started cleaning some stuff. Also picked up my flywheel from Jon last night, getting it machined tomorrow.

I'm starting to getting pissed at Suprasport, no word on my clutch yet and no responses to my emails. My stuff from Driftmotion that I ordered at the same time will be here tomorrow. Thinking I should have spent the extra $30 and bought it directly from South Bend...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You won't ever have any problems with Aaron, or at least I haven't. I want to order a LIPP intercooler block off plate from Suprasport, but I haven't because I"ve heard so much negative press about them. I just don't know where else to get a bop.

Good luck getting the parts from them. Hopefully they'll at least answer a pm and let you know when it's coming.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Suprasport came through, looks like the best way is just to PM Jack. My clutch will be here Monday :)

Been looking at some stuff on the 2J and had some questions:
Looks like there is something missing above the EGR valve, any ideas what it is?
p2160079di0.jpg

p2160080at3.jpg

Also some spare Vac lines by the p/s pump, do I need these now? What goes to the port on the side? The low pressure return from the rack?:
p2160077vy9.jpg

Currently trying to decide how much cleaning/painting I want to do. I was thinking black valve covers would look nice and maybe sand and paint the upper intake/TB since it's looking rather oxidized. I also thought about leaving it as-is and getting it in, plus the valve cover gaskets are $50 :aigo:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If you have time to clean it up and paint it, it will be worth it. If you don't have any spare time, then I guess you can leave it like it is. I always clean the block and whatever else I can clean just so it's not greasy when installing it, plus, I'm anal like that.

Good luck.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
You can always log into your account and check order status on www.suprasport.com

I did check and the automatic email that went to you was returned because of "internal problem" I don't really know what that means though.

Or you can always pm me and I will get you the answer right away

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
suprahero;920871 said:
You won't ever have any problems with Aaron, or at least I haven't. I want to order a LIPP intercooler block off plate from Suprasport, but I haven't because I"ve heard so much negative press about them. I just don't know where else to get a bop.

Good luck getting the parts from them. Hopefully they'll at least answer a pm and let you know when it's coming.

You only hear the bad...never the good...thats the way retail works

The Block-Off plates are on the shelf and ship out the same day(((unless ordered on the weekend at 11:30 at night)))