Did the dyno today, I gotta say IM happy!!!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Cross post from sf.com, but so what, some of you guys arent over there so I wanna share with you!!!!

512hp... 503tq... At 24.5 pounds of boost...

*edit: I was told this was 24.5, but Bobby watched it and it only went to 23psi on this particular run, so this is really 512hp @23psi*

We tried to get 25, but hit fuel cut... Leaned it out, but was too lean... *12.4 a/f* Tried bumping the fuel pressure... Either was too rich and hit fuel cut, or too lean... So, we set it for 24.5 with an a/f of 11.4:1 and ripped off 512hp... So, basically, as Im sure most of you know, I hit the limits of my injectors... Next mod: 680 or 750 injectors... Well, NEXT mod is better tires, lol...

Anyway, thanks for ALL the support and info... Today was a great day for me... Im glad I can share with everyone... Here is my dyno...

el5gqx.jpg

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Jake, that's right. We never broke 23 psi.

Just uploaded the videos I took onto my computer. My digital camera takes suprisingly decent video, seeing as how it's not even a video camera. Anyways, someone lemme know who can host. I can just host pics. The video file is 5 megs. It's taken from me sitting in the back of his car because his turd ass 235s were burning out on the rollers. Sounds great.

Here are some pics to hold yall over till the video can be hosted.

Jake up on the dyno
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's a dyno at lower boost. Once again, don't look at the PSI listed on it. This run was actualy at 21psi, not 25psi. At 21 psi jake made 475 rwhp/ 474 rwtq.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Congrats Jake!! that is some very nice power you are making with that car. The car sounds good too, hope I'm at that level someday :D

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nice numbers on the dyno, congrats. Now it is time to raise the rev limiter so you can use that power. What turbo is that again, mod list maybe?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I dunno Jay, I kinda like the POOOWWA band... Did a third gear pull in the way home: yeah... I like it, alot... The RPMs come at you so fast, that the powerband feels different... I could change the powerband with a smaller AR... And I might do that eventually, but for now, Im glowing in this... It's been a LONG time coming for me... And Im very pleased...

Supra_Girl, it's hitting positive boost at about 3000rpm, so not bad... Like I said, a smaller hotside would yield a quicker spool, but Im relishing this now :D:D:D

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Oh, and here is a the mod list...

I should update my cardomain and make a mod list... The list is long...

But basically:

Built bottom end, forged crank, rods and pistons...
Pistons .020 over...
Titanium over sized valves...
P&P head...
ACT stage V clutch...
Spearco fmic...
2.75" aluminum hard pipes...
Turbonetics mystery big ass turbo
..........60mm minor, 73mm major compressor...
..........67mm minor, 75mm major turbine...
..........70AR compressor, 70AR hot side...
TiAL 38mm wastegate...
custom 3" dp...
APEX 3.75" titanium cat back exhaust...
550cc injectors...
twin fuel pumps: MKIV in-tank pump, paxton external...
Paxton fuel filter...
Paxton FPR...
stainless braided fuel line...
HKS EVC IV boost controller...
HKS VPC...
Apexi SAFCII...

Those are my power mods...