Dare to race your Supra against a ZX14?

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
OneJoeZee;932203 said:
I never said someone can't be hurt on an EX250.

those are dangerous.. well that one rotor front brake and soft ass forks. i had a 250 ninja with a +15 rear, it had no plastics, headlight or anything else, couldn't do an endo, but it was a perfect bike for practicing brake control and circle wheelies. hell i don't even think it would reach 80-90mph with that sprocket on it, but it came up fairly easy :biglaugh:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
OneJoeZee;932203 said:
I never said someone can't be hurt on an EX250.

Point is, you're trying to tell me all bikes are basically equal in the hands of the rider and that's just not true. Maybe you took on this viewpoint to justify your 'Busa as your first bike(it is, right?). It's your life and your bike, you don't have to convince me why you're riding your specific bike. But don't tell me riding a Suzuki GSX Hayabusa 1300R is basically the same as riding a Kawasaki EX250. It's not.

That's like saying, "well, you could die in a car wreck in any car. That's why I have a 800hp Supra as my first car."

Whats the difference of driving a 800 horsepower supra and a 200 horsepower supra if you follow traffic laws 95% of the time and have respect for the vehicle and the power it has? in reality, being able to say "i have a 800 horsepower supra" is about it.

I understand what your saying how its easier to fuck up on a big powerful bike then a small underpowered one, but that means the rider is fucking around. The bottom line is if you can ride a 250 around town no problem, then you can ride a busa around town no problem.

If your fucking around trying to do wheelies, burnouts or take a nice corner as fast as possible then i agree if you cant handle the bike don't ride it. Even if its just a brains/self control issue, don't ride it. But as i said, i have self control, fear of the bike, and enough brain and skill to ride my bike around town 95% of the time doing the speed limit and just enjoying the nice weather. That is what having a bike is all about isn't it?

Dont worry, im not trying to convince you of anything, i could care less if everyone on this forum thinks i will kill myself, i hear it from many people i talk to that say i have balls, or im nuts for buying a busa as a first bike. But just because its a busa, zx14R or 800 horsepower supra, you cant make the generalization that whoever is driving/riding will push the vehicle to or beyond is limits to the point where an underpowered, maybe more stable vehicle would have prevented the situation.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
nosechunks;932744 said:
Whats the difference of driving a 800 horsepower supra and a 200 horsepower supra if you follow traffic laws 95% of the time and have respect for the vehicle and the power it has? in reality, being able to say "i have a 800 horsepower supra" is about it.

I understand what your saying how its easier to fuck up on a big powerful bike then a small underpowered one, but that means the rider is fucking around. The bottom line is if you can ride a 250 around town no problem, then you can ride a busa around town no problem.

If your fucking around trying to do wheelies, burnouts or take a nice corner as fast as possible then i agree if you cant handle the bike don't ride it. Even if its just a brains/self control issue, don't ride it. But as i said, i have self control, fear of the bike, and enough brain and skill to ride my bike around town 95% of the time doing the speed limit and just enjoying the nice weather. That is what having a bike is all about isn't it?

Dont worry, im not trying to convince you of anything, i could care less if everyone on this forum thinks i will kill myself, i hear it from many people i talk to that say i have balls, or im nuts for buying a busa as a first bike. But just because its a busa, zx14R or 800 horsepower supra, you cant make the generalization that whoever is driving/riding will push the vehicle to or beyond is limits to the point where an underpowered, maybe more stable vehicle would have prevented the situation.

You dont have to be messing around to grab too much front brake. On a lighter super sport you will flip over the front wheel. Make the same mistake on say a rebel250, you wont flip over. Same mistake, different outcome you can not argue that fact.

Yes some situation you can wreck the rebel250 like anything else. The example above is but One example of an unforgiving bike flipping over where another would not.

As I said, this argument will never go anywhere so its pointless anyways. Some people just want to run before they can crawl.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
iwannadie;932761 said:
You dont have to be messing around to grab too much front brake. On a lighter super sport you will flip over the front wheel. Make the same mistake on say a rebel250, you wont flip over. Same mistake, different outcome you can not argue that fact.

Yes some situation you can wreck the rebel250 like anything else. The example above is but One example of an unforgiving bike flipping over where another would not.

As I said, this argument will never go anywhere so its pointless anyways. Some people just want to run before they can crawl.

Some peoples walking is others crawling.

Ive been riding long enough to know that grabing enough front brake to lift the back tire or cause a skid if turning means it was either out of panic, trying to show off, or were messing around in some other way.

Its not easy to lift a back tire on a bike from front brake without either trying or out of panic, any controlled stop short of controlling a stoppie, wont even come close to lifting a back tire.

Like i said the only problem that comes into play with a big bike is when your attempting to ride the bike beyond your rider skill.

Your right it will go back and forth forever, its my opinion that i have enough skill and enough brains to hop on a hayabusa and enjoy a nice day without killing myself. I know what the bike is capable of, and i know what i can handle, i keep the bike and my riding style in my realm of abilities.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
nosechunks;933057 said:
Some peoples walking is others crawling.

Ive been riding long enough to know that grabing enough front brake to lift the back tire or cause a skid if turning means it was either out of panic, trying to show off, or were messing around in some other way.

Its not easy to lift a back tire on a bike from front brake without either trying or out of panic, any controlled stop short of controlling a stoppie, wont even come close to lifting a back tire.

Like i said the only problem that comes into play with a big bike is when your attempting to ride the bike beyond your rider skill.

Your right it will go back and forth forever, its my opinion that i have enough skill and enough brains to hop on a hayabusa and enjoy a nice day without killing myself. I know what the bike is capable of, and i know what i can handle, i keep the bike and my riding style in my realm of abilities.

In the end though, the hayabusa is by far my favorite bike so :icon_bigg

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
A person should buy whatever bike tickles their fancy, take advantage of MSF courses, and learn to ride right. Theres no reason someone cant start on a Busa or ZX14 if their willing to learn the ropes the right way and as long as they don't have small man syndrome and feel they need to prove the size of their balls all day long.

That said, I started on a 79 Kawi 400 LTD, and moved up slowly from there. Starting on a bike that isnt gonna cost you $1k+ if you drop was a priority with me. I wanted to be able to learn without worrying about the bike itself.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
well i went riding today with a group. we went on hwy 7 towards white pass. there were 4 of us in all, and i had an awesome time. the 14 turns real well, and the others were surprised that the 14 looked so nimble. The added torque is nice because i didn't have to be ringing its neck like the 2 600's that were with us. they had to stay high in the rev range, but i was able to pull the bike out of the corners at 5-6k rpms. i can't wait to get more practice on the bike. it surprised even me how well it cornered.