Bad idea 101

S

SageMoonblade

So far it till fit length wise... width is a 100% yes, height is the major factor

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I think the transmission would be the difficult part. What does the hump in the firewall look like?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Adrian98;900616 said:
I didn't say it wasn't a 2.2
also no weight over the front tires.
You implied it in your response or you wouldn't have responded that it's been done.

Let's review.

MassSupra89;900516 said:
The VR4 is 300 pounds heavier than our Supra's with the stock engine/driveline. Would you put a 2liter in your Supra? They power the DSM's fine but I couldn't see putting a 2 liter 4 cyl in a performance car so heavy.

Adrian98;900583 said:
it's been done...

MassSupra89;900591 said:
Proof? I don't doubt it... but it's a horrible idea.

Adrian98;900595 said:

It's not a 2L and a lot lighter than a Supra by about 1000lbs. Not a heavy car, which is what we're talking about.

RonPence

Aug 28, 2007
NewBoston, Oh
now a 4g63 is an awsome powerplant as long as you can keep the timing belt in it but i dont think you could gut the 3000 and get it even close to factory weight of a dsm

S

SageMoonblade

the hump in the firewall looks like the trans will fit, like I said my 5 speed GM t5 fit the hole but my shifter was in the wrong spot. The bellhousing cleared , was snug but it fit. Modifying the firewall a bit isn't out of the question.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
why keep the 3000gt? if you want an awd toyota with a 7m/jz go with the 1UZ aristo that was awd and figure it out from there :D

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
dude.. wtf....... get rid of that POS and get a mini van, it is apparent that you are unable to Handle or incapable of taking care of a car, and frankly i dont believe a single word you said about oil testing oil changes and all that other crap you DONT THROW 3 FUCKING RODS BACKING UP.

and also if you are hoping to use a 7m then you are in for a lot of work needless to say the motor is old and abused i don't think it would last longer then a month under your foot so do everyone a fav and get out of the import tuner binge and get something els and take your stupid idea with you

and for all of you supporting this moron SHAME ON YOU

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
ATL88Supra;901234 said:
dude.. wtf....... get rid of that POS and get a mini van, it is apparent that you are unable to Handle or incapable of taking care of a car, and frankly i dont believe a single word you said about oil testing oil changes and all that other crap you DONT THROW 3 FUCKING RODS BACKING UP.

and also if you are hoping to use a 7m then you are in for a lot of work needless to say the motor is old and abused i don't think it would last longer then a month under your foot so do everyone a fav and get out of the import tuner binge and get something els and take your stupid idea with you

and for all of you supporting this moron SHAME ON YOU

Dude calm down, or take it elsewhere. Shame on you for replying rather than clicking out of this thread.