Almost done with painting the car. A few pics also

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
p5150;978149 said:
Duane thats a lot of work man. I know because I just did it myself.

Im sure you meant PPG - it looks like they sprayed down some K38 or maybe even some DPLF as a sealer? Either way your car was a bit more stripped down than mine.

Are you going with white? Im sure it will look clean either way. I really wanted to go with a darker color with a total repaint so I went with a dark green.

Typo, thanks fixed LOL

It is going OEM white still to match the bay I did last year. I want it to look like new, or close to it. :icon_bigg Yes it is a lot of work and I hope it's nice as I anticipate.

Duane

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Dude - I am still overwhelmed by my paint project. I have one last piece (fuel door) to finish up and it seems like it is just WAY overbearing. Im honestly burnt out. It took me about 4 months of part time work to get the car ready for paint. My full time job would just interfere too much!

Props to you for turning it out so fast. Hopefully I can finish my clear coat wet sanding this week.

Painting a car is a task so labor intensive that only those that have actually done it can understand the magnitude.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
painting a car, and doing it RIGHT is labor intensive...

Anyone can spray a car, but having it done so nobody knows it's not stock paint takes a lot of work.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Duane, but I would have used car primer instead of block primer. Just my two cents worth........:icon_bigg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
p5150;978166 said:
Dude - I am still overwhelmed by my paint project. I have one last piece (fuel door) to finish up and it seems like it is just WAY overbearing. Im honestly burnt out. It took me about 4 months of part time work to get the car ready for paint. My full time job would just interfere too much!

Props to you for turning it out so fast. Hopefully I can finish my clear coat wet sanding this week.

Painting a car is a task so labor intensive that only those that have actually done it can understand the magnitude.

You gonna be at the Centrailia meet?

Poodles;978222 said:
painting a car, and doing it RIGHT is labor intensive...

Anyone can spray a car, but having it done so nobody knows it's not stock paint takes a lot of work.

True

jugodegolf;978323 said:
Looking good as usual. Let me know if there is a trick to getting the wiper motor back on the ball joint.

Rear wiper? It has been removed years ago.

Thanks for the comments people, it's appreciated. :)

Duane

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
No - I cant make it to Centralia because I am moving on the 20th down to SoCal. I have too much stuff to do.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Damn duane, I didn't realize how much wider your new rims are compared to the TuRD's. I'm not feeling the color though...

p979056_1.jpg

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
Sweet! Deffinatly cant wait to see it finished. Looks good so far. I wonder how much it was for all the exterior trim and stuff you got. I'm thinking of getting some of my own..if i could afford it. :biglaugh: