AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
Loving the car AF very fresh, makes me want to keep my Volks :D.. Once my supra 'is done' lol, we should all meet up sometime and cruise!!!

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Kristel- Thanks for the approval :D

Dave- Yea, it's running decent these days. What's the percentage of work left on yours?

Jake- I wish it was that easy to get orders to Eglin. I would LOVE to be stationed there.

knightz- I love the 1jz deeply!!! I mean...I LOOOOOVE IT!!! J/k, it is pretty swee though

Ben- I think the tail completes it. I would like to get some bomex sides maybe. I just like the look of it now.

SupraFan55- I like the combo of the front and tail as well. I wasn't sure on how everything looked until I put it on. Now I'm lovin it. But, as Ben said, I made the exhaust. It's a full 3'' with a hi-flow cat and 3'' muffler.

Intothenight19- Thanks man. I definitely love the Volks. Especially the price I got them for makes it that much sweeter. But, we can meet up for sure.

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
very nice...love the wheels, love the megans and the color is great. good job...central Jersey eh? we should hang sometime.

DOCMKIII

May 2, 2007
North Pole, AK
Very nice! Very clean! Love what you've done with the shallow pockets the AF issues, LOL. How did you paint your panels? Is it done with a gun? What sort of paint prep did you do? Sorry for all the questions, just want to know how I can fix my paint/body blemishes.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
xxxotiknightz said:
Just read through this and damn, I may have to go 1J now.
Only the smartest of the supra owners make this wise decission............:icon_bigg

Looks awesome with the whale tail on it. I dont' know if my car would look the same with one, but I love it on yours............:love:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
suprahero said:
Only the smartest of the supra owners make this wise decission............:icon_bigg

Looks awesome with the whale tail on it. I dont' know if my car would look the same with one, but I love it on yours............:love:

Very wise decision!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I like the look of the whaletail. I'm now hesitant if I want to keep the front bumper. The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. I'm thinking about seeing if someone on here with an 89+ front bumper and an aftermarket lip might want to trade. Still debating though.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
I really feel this car, read the thread and build progress. Nothing like the satisfaction you get from doin it yourself unlike my non-mechanically inclined ass.. LOL

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
suprahero said:
I also love a stock 89+ with a three whole lip................:love:

That's what I'm thinking too.

macjac69 said:
I really feel this car, read the thread and build progress. Nothing like the satisfaction you get from doin it yourself unlike my non-mechanically inclined ass.. LOL

I'm not a big fan of paying someone when I can do it for free. Plus if I mess something up, I'm the one to blame.

illmatic-Supra

'89 MKIII Turbo - 65k
Jul 24, 2007
Anaheim, California
AF1JZ said:
EDIT: Anyone good at photoshop that could cover the oval to see what it looks like?

I just went through the entire thread- Nice work :icon_bigg

Im thinkin of either goin 1J or sellin my MK3 to buy an MK4 -

Heres some photoshoping for the oval piece in the Bomex kit-

A little late but w/e - I was bored............

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Id probly fill the oval - looks nicer IMO.........

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks...It's an ok build. Been kinda dead lately. I have a couple of things to do to it still. Just being extremely lazy with the cold weather here now.