AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Man, I thought this thread was dead :sarcasm: . J/K...

I would love to go NA-T with the IS300. But, I need to keep it a reliable DD. Now, if for some reason I sell the Supra, then she might get the NA-T. It's just nice having a car that I know won't give me problems.

P.S. I just ran through your build thread the other day. How is your's coming along? Also, seems like the shop that painted your car does good work. How much do you think they would charge for a regular white paint job? Nothing fancy.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
AF1JZ said:
P.S. I just ran through your build thread the other day. How is your's coming along? Also, seems like the shop that painted your car does good work. How much do you think they would charge for a regular white paint job? Nothing fancy.

Is coming along...I hope to have it done by NE2K8 this summer.

The paintshop is one of the best in the area. That's why I took it to them. I get decent pricing as I've gotten 3 high end paintjobs there already. I think they are fairly priced for the kind of work they do.

He doesn't do half assed jobs and I can't give an exact estimate for his paint jobs as he always has to look at the car, but for a clean paintjob with minor texture (orange peel) and minor body work is usually $2,000.

To give you an example -
2003 Honda Civic, minor body work and paint job (light texture - no engine bay or door sills) $2,000

1995 Nissan Maxima, Full body kit, door sills and engine bay (light texture) $4,000

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
weedy219 said:
how hard it is to put a 1jz in a 1988 toyota supra .what do i need. pm me

Honestly man, do a little searching in the JZ tech section. There is an abundance of information there. It isn't hard to put in. The wiring is the hardest part. But, like I said, the info is there. GL.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
any 2J cams put in yet???????????????????????????????????????

j/k man, car looks clean as always, you still interested in those injectors?

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, I figured it about time to change it up a little bit. This is what I just got in the mail yesterday. I bought it from a member on here. I'm going to get it rebuilt. I plan on buying everything else for the single swap within the next month. I'm going to be shooting for around 400whp or so. Sorry for the crappy pics, took it with my phone this morning before work. I'll update this post with better pics later tonight.

It is a Turbonetics T04E 57 trim.

7w7toh4.jpg

6pyu9ap.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Kyle: I don't really drink that much soda. I brought that home from work. I usually drink Crystal Light.

Supraholics;880752 said:
Andrew, 400whp won't get you into GTEpowered.com :biglaugh:

J/K - Nice turbo!!!

I was actually saying that to someone yesterday. I just won't have enough money to get into that range........for now at least:sarcasm:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
very nice, car is def. coming a long nicely man, it will be a whole new beast from when i saw it last.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Julio. It has most definitely changed since the Philly meet. I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.

When is something going to be planned again?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Well the philly meet is going to be on memorial day weekend, like always but im thinking of having something else before then. If i can sort my damn car out too...heh

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
That's what I was thinking...Somewhere we can hang out and bullshit and take pics. Some place a little less "ghetto" this year. The guys on the horses kinda creeped me out. Also, the guy at the end in the caddy that came up blaring music. That was hilarious!!!