7mgte power

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Doward said:
Yeah, snag a MKII and swap an LS1 into it, puffing a bunch of nitrous.

Cheapest way I know of, to go damn fast, damn quick, and for damn little.
Or swap in a 7MGTE which fits with relative ease and hassle, and run 12's with out mods. And for a whole lot less than the LS1 would cost in the first place.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
SublimeSupra said:
Im with kwnate because IHI didnt include basic stuff like all the seals,hoses, and fluids all that stuff adds up.Ohh and 700 hp on the stock 15+ year old suspension good luck with that one.The car has to be mechanically sound in every aspect to be able to handle the 700hp.Personally i wouldnt run 200whp on a car that isnt mechanically sounds all the way around.

lol...so pretty much any supra with a minor mechanical issue? lol...jk

Nick M said:
Or swap in a 7MGTE which fits with relative ease and hassle, and run 12's with out mods. And for a whole lot less than the LS1 would cost in the first place.
really? are they lighter or what?? i don't know crap about mk2->7mgte swaps other than it's possible

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
Well IHI whenever i order a shortblock or longblock from nissan you have to swap almost every hose/seal sensor or get new ones.But im just putting in my opnions about the build he is attempting.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
really? are they lighter or what?? i don't know crap about mk2->7mgte swaps other than it's possible

By about 700 lbs. The car's chasis is smaller, and it does not employ short and long arm suspension, which is heavy. It has MacPherson Struts. And the cradles are not connected as well. Less bracing for the chasis. Not as loose a 79-04 (Fox body) Mustang though.

http://suprasonic.org/gtestory/

I think it is a very interesting project. I would rather have a Cressida though.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
supramike7m said:
not sure as im only goin for 400whp. i know who will know. ask Duane (upgraded supra) and Brian (slow66) they will definatly know
Mike
I was thinking the samething!!!! :biglaugh:

DyslexicSquirrel

Busy Member
Mar 9, 2006
San Marcos, TX
daledoe said:
I was thinking the samething!!!! :biglaugh:

Yea... if anyone is going to know how to do it... it's these guys... personally, I think you're going to save your pennies and go for an engine swap if you want to make this kind of horsepower.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Yblegal91t said:
then you cant drive it becasue the tranny will go

Where do you get rediculous information such as this? I keep hearing things like tranny goes, or head gasket is shit etc.... Do it right and things don't break or at least as easy. I drive my car hard at the track (tranny build when I first put it in) and have run it mulitple times at the track. Not to mention 30 psi. You will have no issues with a head gasket if you have a good clean flat surface and then have it torqued down properly and then the list goes on....

Have a nice day :)

Now to a post. IHI pretty muched said everything that needs to be said.
The 7M is a great powerplant! No need to go with a JEEZwhiz engine. Just be sure to do things right the first time. Do a proper build and do the head gasket (obvious with ARP's) Transmission has been fine for me but I rebuilt mine to start with. Old transmissions I can not comment on. Then there is fuel, engine managment, exhaust, turbo combo, intake...and it could go on. If you want it to last you WILL want to do this right the first time. If you want power for a lil while just use stock motor with a head gasket and studs. Just do everything else that makes power LOL

You can call me and I can give you a lil list to write down if you like. (I hate typing as I do this most of the day for emails. Just call my toll free number.

Duane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
upgradedsupra said:
Where do you get rediculous information such as this? I keep hearing things like tranny goes, or head gasket is shit etc.... Do it right and things don't break or at least as easy. I drive my car hard at the track (tranny build when I first put it in) and have run it mulitple times at the track. Not to mention 30 psi. No issues with a head gasket if you have a good surface and then have it torqued down properly. and the list goes on....

Have a nice day :)

Duane
LOL but that takes $$$ something your average Mk3 owner doesn't seem to have a surplus of ;)

I have to laugh at all these "I'm building a 700+ Hp motor" like it's as easy as bolting on the biggest Turbo you can find and bingo you get 700!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ. said:
LOL but that takes $$$ something your average Mk3 owner doesn't seem to have a surplus of ;)

I have to laugh at all these "I'm building a 700+ Hp motor" like it's as easy as bolting on the biggest Turbo you can find and bingo you get 700!

He has SOME money to play with right? Doing a build is pretty much a must. I think it could be done but it will take not only money but a ton of time. To make things right, time is not on your side.(if that even matters) Some people back out when they hear how long things can take. I waitied 4 months for my head work to be finished LOL

Duane

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
IJ. said:

Ian is right on the $$$ with that quote! It seems like most MkIII owners don't want to spend the big money it requires to get the big HP #'s. Maybe most MkIII owners think that someone will think you are stupid, for investing that much time and bucks into the MkIII. I have a theory. It is the MkIII owners, that have watched too many:aigo: MkIV video's of insane dyno pulls,:crazy1: hard squatting drag launches, and ooddles of hot chicks fawning over $100,000+ MkIV's at auto shows,:bowdown: :yumyum: that have reservations at going all out with modding the MKIII. Several people (extremely dedicated people!) have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the MKIII has, and will, make huge reliable hp!:boink: If you've ridden in both cars, you already know which one is structually superior!:icon_bigg Then it's just about the :love: of the look of either one. The 2JZ-GTE might be easier to squeeze big #'s out of, but it is by no means any cheaper!!!:icon_razz

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
Jspec7m88
Quote:Originally Posted by socc924
Good points ryan.... plus is that 500fwhp or crank hp. makes a big difference.

FWHP = Front Wheel horsepower.

I'm confused by this, I know fwhp = front wheel horsepower. He just did not specify whether the civic was fwhp or bhp.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
socc924 said:
I'm confused by this, I know fwhp = front wheel horsepower. He just did not specify whether the civic was fwhp or bhp.

Ahh I'm sorry, man! I completely read that wrong. I thought that you were asking if the "500FWhp" was at the crank. heh, My bad.:icon_bigg

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
GotBoost? said:
What kind of races? Street or track? IF you don't have to do it with a Supra, I say go for a 400-450awhp WRX. His "500 hp h22 powered civic" is going to have incredible traction (and reliability) problems. It's more fun to take someone down with less power, too.

1/4 mile

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
socc924 said:

the civic should have at least 500 fwhp this is what he is doing
-sleved block
-8.5-1 forged pistions
-forged rods
-arp head studs
-t78 turbo at 35psi
-1000cc injectors
-aem stand alone ecu

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
ok guys thanks for all the advice what size turbo do you all think i should use. i was thinking a t78 i was planning on using nitrus to spool it. i was thinking i would run 30 to 35psi but i am unsure on the size of injectors i should use i was thinking 750cc.