7mgte power

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
im the friend helping juglo build the car. a 1jz is a pointless project why waste 3k on a motor when we are just replacing everthing anyway??? tht would put us at 7 thousand and we would hve a 400hp car if we were lucky. i have to say im quit confident that we are going to have no problem building this car. we will get you guys the 1/4 times and some dynos here in a few months.

as for the civic thats my best friends car and as far as the concerns about it hooking up he has a full drag front end being installed and mikeytomson 32inch slicks. but again we are going to beat him we will get some videos of that for you all.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
fstsupra said:
as for the civic thats my best friends car and as far as the concerns about it hooking up he has a full drag front end being installed and mikeytomson 32inch slicks. but again we are going to beat him we will get some videos of that for you all.

Thats odd, there are probably hundreds of low 9/high 8 second Civics with no bigger than a 28" slick. Any real reason for running a ProFWD tire on a car with less that 1/3 the whp of a normal proFWD car??

No offense guys, but i think you guys got a 'pipe dream' goin on with this whole budget thing. Building a fast supra right isnt exactly cheap. Ask me how i know.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Thats odd, there are probably hundreds of low 9/high 8 second Civics
Where?

The trailered 11 sec gutted and totally unstreetable Honda usually gathers a huge crowd of eminem dressed juveys. I have read of faster. Still waiting to see the common 12 second Honda.
(not counting CBR)

edit:

If Honda sold a few hundred thousand Civics, I suppose having a few hundred fast ones is plausible.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Well..

My Concern would be if i were you guys is

Are u Able to Make the car safe and pass the standards for the 1/4 track I.E roll Cage shit like that.

if you only have 7K to build the ENTIRE Car.

Then IMO Hell no you Couldnt do.

Im Sure most of our members have more then 7k invested in our car and making half the numbers ur wanting (not the entire 7k is in the motor but the car restoring it etc). so if u have 7k CASH after the roll cage u make the Adjustments to be safe for the 1/4 bigger brakes. Slicks, drag ready then i still doubt it. a Good turbo Can cost you what? Around 1500ish?

then your headwork will cost u around? Hm, porting polishing oversized valves with ferrea retainers/springs around what? im guessing 2k with machine work

your budjets half way gone. and u still need expensive ass Internals. Injectors, Gaskets, Fuel pumps, I/C. piping, exhaust, spendy Tranny, Etc etc, No imo no no way u will be able to. Its a Cinderella Story my friends.

I think i got everything covered. someone correct me if i am Wrong.

Last edited:

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
can i have some seeds please?:naughty:

anyways, I would say that some of those numbers u were giving for parts cost would include shop time, now i would think that if they are a performance shop they could perform most of the necessary labor needed.. i.e. assembly, port n polish, tuning, not to mention get dealer prices on parts... even still i think that the alotted budget is still probably a bit slim for their expectations... but hey just my $.02

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Nick M said:
Where?

The trailered 11 sec gutted and totally unstreetable Honda usually gathers a huge crowd of eminem dressed juveys. I have read of faster. Still waiting to see the common 12 second Honda.
(not counting CBR)

edit:

If Honda sold a few hundred thousand Civics, I suppose having a few hundred fast ones is plausible.

Mybe not liteally hundreds btu the nopi and nhrasc series have tons of full race (and fast!) honduhs. Basically my point was to say that the tire "his boy" was puttign on his 500whp honda is a ProFWD tire and makes zero sense to me. I hoep these guys have more sense with the supra than the kid with the honda......

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
As far as ripping on honda thats just retarded and juvienile in itself. Thats like calling supra a ricer cause its a import same ignorance.
Dont judge the make judge the owner if they are a ricer lable them as such. i have myself own and owned multiple hondas loved all of them. My current honda! is my 91 integra with a 75 shot of nitrous intake headers exhaust b20z all including the cost of the car. now im not familuar with any other car with motor swap good gas milage reliable that runs 13.8s for 2200 dollars thats what makes hondas nice. As far as hondas compared to supras yes i love my supra more then my integra but its no reason to degrate the integra its just my opion i dont judge people that love their good old z28 as long as their not claiming 400whp with a set of headers.

anyway back to the point 700hp is not a impossible number as for the 7mgte

head works going to be 900 dollars springs retainers valves portpolish valve job. Pistons rods about 1000 dollars for the combo balance blueprinted. so we are at 1900 dollars. injectors, msd dual channel ignition ,aem ems ,with boost map sensor, rc 750cc injectors, duel walbro 250lph fuel pumps, all for 2200. again xs power manifold ported out cause they do a shitty job big old fat garret t72 turbo 1200 for those 2. so thus far we are at 5200 that leave 1800 dollars for all the other bull shit a good portion probly going to go into a set of new sleaves. as for you cant build a 700 hp motor for 7k if you take everthing to a shop no if your dumb with your money again no its all about being smart looking for deals and keeping a good eye out. sorry for long post and all the typoes im at work typing in between clients. also alot of those prices i can better i really havnt tried that was just off of about 30 minutes of searching.

Last edited:

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
fstsupra said:
As far as ripping on honda thats just retarded and juvienile in itself. Thats like calling supra a ricer cause its a import same ignorance.
Dont judge the make judge the owner if they are a ricer lable them as such. i have myself own and owned multiple hondas loved all of them. My current honda! is my 91 integra with a 75 shot of nitrous intake headers exhaust b20z all including the cost of the car. now im not familuar with any other car with motor swap good gas milage reliable that runs 13.8s for 2200 dollars thats what makes hondas nice. As far as hondas compared to supras yes i love my supra more then my integra but its no reason to degrate the integra its just my opion i dont judge people that love their good old z28 as long as their not claiming 400whp with a set of headers.

head works going to be 900 dollars springs retainers valves portpolish valve job. Pistons rods about 1000 dollars for the combo balance blueprinted. so we are at 1900 dollars. injectors, msd dual channel ignition ,aem ems ,with boost map sensor, rc 750cc injectors, duel walbro 250lph fuel pumps, all for 2200. again xs power manifold ported out cause they do a shitty job big old fat garret t72 turbo 1200 for those 2. so thus far we are at 5200 that leave 1800 dollars for all the other bull shit a good portion probly going to go into a set of new sleaves. as for you cant build a 700 hp motor for 7k if you take everthing to a shop no if your dumb with your money again no its all about being smart looking for deals and keeping a good eye out. sorry for long post and all the typoes im at work typing in between clients. also alot of those prices i can better i really havnt tried that was just off of about 30 minutes of searching.

how long have you owned a supra?

haha.

Cuz the oversized valves and spring retainers are more then 900.... And no machine shop will Pay u for them doing work ... just a normal Valve job(stock) and shaving at my machinest is 250. and He does damn good work.. So. Hes porting, polishing and putting oversized valves in for free and Paying the rest of the cost for the valves/springs.? then shims are going to cost u a pretty penny. and there a pain in the ass doing ...

so Like My First comment. around 1500-2k to get the head done. someone PLEASE correct me if i am wrong .

THEN a HG is 150+

Sooo. JUST the HG and valve/retainers are 1124 Already... so. Inform me?

Edit: Supras are alot more spendy then a honda, So if u do it for 7k, PLEASE come to mtn home and shuve it in my face.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
fstsupra said:

#1- i hope youre not referign to me on the honda comment, as i was praising them and was only questionign this kids tire selection, which with its oulandishness make me question the whole setup....

and #2- youre on crack with that pricing unless youre including stock stuff with it. Ferrea springs/locators/retainers/+1 valves is wayyy over 900, and any porter worth his weight will charge at least $50 per PORT for a decent portjob/flowbench. Tats 1200 alone and we havent even gotten to the valvejob, seats, guides, seals, shims etc. And lets not even get into cams since its been proven that the stock ones just die at anything over 650whp no matter what turbo or psi, unless there is some juice involved.

Youre not gonna touch an AEM(dont forget the laptop to use it) with map sensor, IAT sensor,750s, dual walbros for 2200 unless its all used. Dont forget the afpr and the AN lines in that deal too...Oh yeah, how abotu the boost controller, wastegate, IC, piping, and BOV. A fabbed DP and hardpipes would probably be a good idea. And a clutch might help thigs along too....700whp you say? Plan on spending $700 jsut for a clutch that can handle it. Rotors, pads, brakelines, all might be a good idea to get that boat hauled down from a mighty 700+whp rip. Get the drift?

Granted, you can find deals on used parts etc. but if youre on a time schedule (as you guys say you are) new parts are almost a must. There is no way in hell you guys will build a mkiii that has 700+whp for $7000. /story. No offense, its just not gonna happen, or everyone woulda done it already.

Last edited:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
p238355_1.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
The challenge has been set. Will they get her done with their budget, or part out their car after they've gone through their money? Stay tuned for the next couple of months for this exciting episode of.... "THE 700RWHP MKIII ON A KOOL-AID BUDGET!!"

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
you know i typed up a whole long list of shit in my own defence but here is what im going to do apparently the people that have posted in this thread believe what they want to believe arnt intrested in posting anything thats helpfull excluding a few. why dont we do this ill start posting up auctual cost of the build as they happen mind you we have to get that golf sold first. then after we get this project off the ground ill come back on here and show you all how its done and you can bee amazed i didnt spend 20k on a car that was build for me by my local speed shop that raped me on part prices at every corner. Now as far as i saw this thread had nothing to do with flaming so if it could please get back to the point if you have somthing that is relavent to the questions at hand lets hear it or mabey some advise to get the project going. For people that love there cars sure isnt alot of confidence in thier abilty im on about 20 other supra forums and there are alot of people out there with 1000 pluss horspower cars in 7mgte 1jz 2jz. in my opion 700bhp is a not a big deal thats 223hp per liter.
there is a 95 ls integra that races out at the track i watched dyno out at 550fwhp about 660bph is what they figured thats a 1.8 liter non vtec b18a thats 305fwhp or 366bhp per liter. Now by a big deal i dont mean its not going to take alot of work im just saying its not a unreasonable number

Last edited:

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
fstsupra said:
you know i typed up a whole long list of shit in my own defence but here is what im going to do apparently the people that have posted in this thread believe what they want to believe arnt intrested in posting anything thats helpfull excluding a few. why dont we do this ill start posting up auctual cost of the build as they happen mind you we have to get that golf sold first. then after we get this project off the ground ill come back on here and show you all how its done and you can bee amazed i didnt spend 20k on a car that was build for me by my local speed shop that raped me on part prices at every corner. Now as far as i saw this threat had nothing to do with flaming so if it could please get back to the point if you have somthing that is relavent to the questions at hand lets hear it or mabey some advise to get the project going. For people that love there cars sure isnt alot of confidence in thier abilty im on about 20 other supra forums and there are alot of people out there with 1000 pluss horspower cars in 7mgte 1jz 2jz.

lol.

your lookin for over 1K for JUST the HG, valves and springs, THEN Arp headstuds so your honestly looking at abotu 1,200+ in just parts from EBAY which will be the cheapest play u will be able to buy them for. 1,200+ in just for parts for the head, THEN youll get owned in labor. so your over 2k already JUST on the head. Dont make me get in the block. electronics, Etc.

if you get this build done for 7k or less making 700rwhp+ and safely

i will literally Drive to wherever in idaho u live and Let you kick me in the balls.

Thats how confindent i am that u will not reach your goal.

im possible Done posting in this thread cuz u cant get it across your head that 7k is chump change to built a safe 700rwhp supra