7mgte power

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
Suprapowaz!(2) said:
The challenge has been set. Will they get her done with their budget, or part out their car after they've gone through their money? Stay tuned for the next couple of months for this exciting episode of.... "THE 700RWHP MKIII ON A KOOL-AID BUDGET!!"

indeed stay tuned be amazed just dont flame cause you are to intimadated to try it. and hey if it dosnt work you guys can always look forward to cheap parts. that whole laptop talk brings back awefull memories of f&f no more of it i have a lap top to tune with aem software is pretty simple not like you need a super computer

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Settle down guys!

Justin: Relax it's just NOT worth getting pissed about.

FstSupra: Once you've actually built and dynoed a 700 rwhp 7M then people will pay attention to what you're saying.

Sorry it's far too easy to bench race and spec cars online but until it's reality it's just that make believe.

I've just deleted a few of the posts it's ok to disagree but keep it Civil the next step is this post getting locked.

fstsupra

Jan 12, 2006
IDAHO
sorry bout that justin got you mixed up with someone else and i agree its all about proof thats why this will be my last post :p till we get it started anyway

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
By all means start a build thread and update it as you go along so we can follow your progress but try not to argue until you have some experience building a 7M they're a finiky bitch at best ;)!

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
fstsupra said:
indeed stay tuned be amazed just dont flame cause you are to intimadated to try it. and hey if it dosnt work you guys can always look forward to cheap parts. that whole laptop talk brings back awefull memories of f&f no more of it i have a lap top to tune with aem software is pretty simple not like you need a super computer

All im gonna say now is you're in for a rude awakening. 700whp for $7000, you'll either be overbudget, underpowered, or broken before you know it.

Good luck though, i guess.....

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
fstsupra said:

First off, I'm not intimidated to try a build like that. I'm just don't have the money to do so. My intentions were not to flame you guys for trying as mentioned in my first post, "honestly, I don't see this 600-700rwhp project happening on that budget. I'd like to see you prove me/us wrong though. Good luck and have fun with it." I'd really like to see you guys pull it off, but I'm just really sceptical with that budget.

EDIT: For whatever reason if you guys decide to throw in the towel I'd like to buy your fuel stuff. Injectors, AFPR, fuel lines, and both walbros. Again, this is not a flame. I just want some parts if you decide to sell them. Good luck.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
hey im from Idaho Falls - where are you guys at?

I dont think you need oversized valves to make a 700 HP 7M. If you do the portwork yourself, you could have a head ready for 200 bucks. A mild port will work wonders. I think that the ferrea valvetrain is a waste of cash. I think you guys are putting too much emphasis on the head.

If you do most of the work yourself and do a lot of business with a quality machine shop so that they give you good rates, I think you could do it.

I would upgrade the con rods and pistons. 1200 + 400 labor

Get a set of performance regrind cams. 300 bucks

buy an ebay manifold, standalone and gt42 - 3000 bucks

Custom build a DP w4" exhaust and custom intercooler piping - 300 bucks http://www.globaltecheng.com/

MHG 200 bucks

Build a FFI - I did it for about 150 bucks.

I think you could do it if you have some fab skills and know what not to blow your load on.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
we just got oure first part last night a nitrous system. i traded my clarieon for it, the clerion came with the VW and i switched it with a $40 JVC so the nitrous cost $40. that leves us with $6,960.00 not to shabbie for $40. any way the nitrus has a 75 shot in it and is purley to spool the turbo.

sigmanin

Sep 1, 2005
wow just read this thread and i wish u guyz luck
for everyone else remember they are opening a tuning shop
I "hope" and would think they should be able to do alot of the labor involved with the build... plus they "should" be able to get parts at dealer price instead of retail..

i have 0 exp in working on supras (exept basic stuff) but i have built a few hondas and getting any car into the (reliable)10's for 7k is not easy
a lil easier for some cars than others but not a walk in the park
because remember u still need all the safety stuff to be even let race and all the dyno time needed to tune the car

hope you guys finish this build and shove it all our faces......(then i know what i need to do to get my car done..lol)

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Slow66 said:
All im gonna say now is you're in for a rude awakening. 700whp for $7000, you'll either be overbudget, underpowered, or broken before you know it.

Good luck though, i guess.....
I agree.:nono:

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
one thing you'll have to take into consideration is that the supra is HEAVY! alot of weight loss is necessary to go fast. if the car is going to be track only,gut the beast!

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
^

Slowly Pulls out his wang....

Goddamn guys lol thats one of the gayest things i'v read so far IJ. im impressed