600hp mkiii vs 07 zo6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Sawbladz said:
Buddy, leave your conspiracy theories at the door. These times were done by Ranger from corvetteforums.com. They have some videos and time sheets. He has times for the car when it had runflats and with the drag radials.

I give you, the C6 Z06 fast list...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1794944

Here is the thread for the 10.85 run. Ohhhh, what's that...a video;)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1541575&highlight=radials

You and OneJoeZee are my heroes :)

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
vas85 said:
Not just that IJ, I find it funny how people can say the Veyron wasn't built for the strip when it can beat a McLaren F1 in acceleration from 200km/h to 300km/h while it goes from 0km/h - 300km/h...

The Veyron as spoken by the team @ Top Gear is the only car they have ever driven able to do 400km/h+ without feeling like its going to fall apart... that's an achievement in its own.

Just edited this with an image...

I'm finding it hard to see how the Z06 can even claim to come close to a Veyron down the strip

1second faster to 100km/h....

2.6seconds faster to 160km/h....
I toatly agree if you haven't seen Top Gear when they had the Veryon you can't say much. And the best part Volkswagen owns Bugatti so VW had some influence in that.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I have seem plenty of C6 Z06's at the local track. Most of them were running very high 11's to 12.0's at about 124-125. Most of these guys were on street tires. I would imagine with some sticky drag tires, mid 11's would be more common. But I think 10's on a stock Z06 is very very rare.

I ran a 12.0 at 120mph at about 480rwhp using dragradials. The MK3 gearing is excellent, so please don't bring up that as an extra factor (suprabad). Not to mention my driving is on par to with the best of the old men driving them.:icon_bigg With about another 75-100rwhp I should be making this spring, I will not worry about any stock Z06's any more.

Except that damn 650rwhp supercharged one.:biglaugh:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ. said:
Maybe Chevy needs to stop making motors Billy Joe Bubba can pull apart in the trailer park and make some with multivalves and DOHC if they want to play with the big boys ;)

:biglaugh: Sig'd.... My Thoughts exactly, pushrods = 1960's.

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
supra1 said:
the Z06 forum guys have said the fastest stock Z06times are

11.8-12 seconds ~ at 120mph ~

Link to stock Z06 1/4 mile thread on Z06 forums

bearing in mind a Bugatti veyron only does a standing quarter in about 10.5 at 155mph iirc

It is categorically impossible that a stock Corvette can match a veyron :naughty: (or a modified Z06 for that matter)
ya theres no way a corvette can run a 10.8 in a quarter mile im not sure where that info came from but its not true for sure

ChrisBnAZ

Nov 6, 2007
AZ
rocktownmkIII said:
ya theres no way a corvette can run a 10.8 in a quarter mile im not sure where that info came from but its not true for sure

Haha..No way?

Its already been proven..

Go to corvetteforum.com, the thread with the post about the 10.8 Bone Stcok Z06 has video/timeslip, and the timeslip is signed and verified by the TRACK OWNER.

Open your mind a bit.

As for pushrods = 1960s...LOL is all I have to say about that.

Thats about as bad as the idiot on top gear bashing the new Z06 for using leaf springs..trying to make it sound like its the same leaf springs you'll find on a Duramax 2500 or something.

Riddle me this..The fastest cars running deep into the 4s @ over 330MPH are using what? Oh, thats right! PUSHRODS! Weird.

Not everything has to be uber complicated for it to work. Simple yet effective!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Look at the HP of one of the first turbo 1.5L F1 cars then multiply that by a Top fuel motors capacity and compare output per 1000cc.

(from memory they were getting 1600 out of the 1.5 and around the 3500 mark out of the TF cars back then)

supra1

Supraholic
Oct 19, 2007
EwwK
IJ. said:
Look at the HP of one of the first turbo 1.5L F1 cars then multiply that by a Top fuel motors capacity and compare output per 1000cc.

(from memory they were getting 1600 out of the 1.5 and around the 3500 mark out of the TF cars back then)

Thats right IJ

BMW used to get 1500hp in race trim out of their 1.5 litre motors.

They did run 60 psi boost to get that output though, but I would love to see a big block size 'old school' F1 motor.

That would be a complete hp monster!

back on topic/

I think the Veyron was driven by a journalist when it ran low-mid 10s on the quarter at 155mph
Get a proper good 1/4 miler in the veyron (like one of the top 2 Z06 stock runners) and I think the time should dip into the low to mid 9s for the veyron.

Also, if people look on the fastest Z06 list, the fastest modified Z06 has only run high 9s..... though Im sure theres more there!

Last edited:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
supra1 said:
back on topic/

I think the Veyron was driven by a journalist when it ran low-mid 10s on the quarter at 155mph
Get a proper good 1/4 miler in the veyron (like one of the top 2 Z06 stock runners) and I think the time should dip into the low to mid 9s for the veyron.

Also, if people look on the fastest Z06 list, the fastest modified Z06 has only run high 9s.....

Back on topic? The thing you consider on topic doesn't even relate to this topic anymore....

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
IJ. said:

HP/L is a worthless comparison. Wcares how much power you are making compared to your engine size. For instance, what would run a faster 1/4 mile? A 1.5L turbo F1 car or a top fuel dragster? Displacement is not a measure of power ability nor is it a measure of fuel economy. It is only one factor in how much air will flow into the engine at any given time.

I have seen that post about the 10.8 Z06. I do not know how valid that is, but I will say it's a stretch. And comparing the Z06 to a Veyron is almost pointless. The Veyron makes twice the power and has awd. If the Veyron does run even two seconds faster in the 1/4 you are paying literally hundreds of thousands more for those two seconds. Also, I saw that top gear episode and I have to say that Bugatti took forever to get up to that 400km/h mark.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
SySt said:
HP/L is a worthless comparison. Wcares how much power you are making compared to your engine size. For instance, what would run a faster 1/4 mile? A 1.5L turbo F1 car or a top fuel dragster? Displacement is not a measure of power ability nor is it a measure of fuel economy. It is only one factor in how much air will flow into the engine at any given time.

It can also determine how much stress an engine will have to deal with to make power.

What engine is working harder? A 6 Liter engine making 300 HP, or a 2 liter engine making 300 HP? :)

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
ChrisBnAZ said:
As for pushrods = 1960s...LOL is all I have to say about that.

Thats about as bad as the idiot on top gear bashing the new Z06 for using leaf springs..trying to make it sound like its the same leaf springs you'll find on a Duramax 2500 or something.

Riddle me this..The fastest cars running deep into the 4s @ over 330MPH are using what? Oh, thats right! PUSHRODS! Weird.

Not everything has to be uber complicated for it to work. Simple yet effective!
Yea those engines are also worth more then some peoples homes.

Over head cam is LESS complex due to less moving parts. pushrods work, OHC works better. theres no "uber" complication about it.

Pushrods are for Boats and Trucks, oh and Harley's too.

SySt said:
That would work if we were just comparing total engine output, hp/liter is useful in seeing efficiency of an engine design to make power.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
nosechunks said:
That would work if we were just comparing total engine output, hp/liter is useful in seeing efficiency of an engine design to make power.

You think so? You must be an engineer. I've got news for you, engineers do not tend to be concerned about HP/L with regards to engine efficiency. The term in the field is BMEP. If you don't know what that stands for than you have no business discussing technical aspects of engines.

Oh, and in the above example of a 6.0L and 2.0L engine making 300hp. The 6.0L is likely to be working harder as it should literally be producing more power but also "losing" more through friction and heat. But I get what you are saying. It takes less average cylinder pressure for a larger engine to make the same power.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Stock Z06 record is 10.98 1/4 mile, so you have your hands full figuring most of them are probably low 11's, which is very doable with the right setup. Prob with ease at a roll/on highway etc. If your talking taking him on at the track, get a built auto, or NOS to get out of the hole, and some good tires....that stock record was on stock tires.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
SySt said:
You think so? You must be an engineer. I've got news for you, engineers do not tend to be concerned about HP/L with regards to engine efficiency. The term in the field is BMEP. If you don't know what that stands for than you have no business discussing technical aspects of engines.

Oh, and in the above example of a 6.0L and 2.0L engine making 300hp. The 6.0L is likely to be working harder as it should literally be producing more power but also "losing" more through friction and heat. But I get what you are saying. It takes less average cylinder pressure for a larger engine to make the same power.

BMEP = Brake mean effective pressure

There, now that we are all as smart as you:)3d_frown: ), I guess we are all allowed to continue the conversation.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Sawbladz said:
BMEP = Brake mean effective pressure

There, now that we are all as smart as you:)3d_frown: ), I guess we are all allowed to continue the conversation.

I just typed in BMEP in google and the definition came up in the first link. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.