2JZ NA-T in my 87T

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Its funny when people say, "Cheap, fast, reliable - pick two" because they dont realize that "cheap" doesnt mean "inexpensive". What it means is "shitty quality".

A harbor freight hammer will pound the nail just like a hammer at Lowes, but it will save you 15 bucks!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
this is looking better and better for me. a friend bought a 5speed MKIV NA with a fresh rebuild on the motor, and swapped everything to a TT, then strapped on a big ass turbo. looks like i have a full motor/tranny/wiring and accessories all at my disposal, if i pony up some cash.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL Chris, you arn't an MKIII owner.. well.. you are.. but you're a wanna-be MKIV owner.

And foreverpsychotic, it's a lot of work.. kinda. but you should definately look into it if you have the means to.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Time for an update.. 7M and R154 are out.

picture002cz1.jpg

picture003xp2.jpg

picture004kb2.jpg

picture005zf5.jpg

picture006nz7.jpg

picture007qs4.jpg

Thanks to Randy from BIC motormounts, ARZ for the aluminum -10 flange, and Jeff at Champion for the 1JZ bellhousing.

The turbo is a Master Power "T70", w/ a .68 A/R. Mike Turbo was having a special on it, I got it for under 600 shipped.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
looks good bro - is that oil filter sandwich plate have a thermostat in it? I had to look pretty hard for one but I found it for 50 shipped

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks man. Nope, no thermostat. It's just one I had laying around. I'll have to find one later for an oil cooler setup. Where did you find yours at?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
biiig turbo, if i were doing this, mine would be sized a bit smaller, then again i would be more than happy with 400 wheel. also, if you could give some more information about using the 7mgte electronics i would greatly appreciate it. im looking for how to modify things to work, and im wondering how it will run with them.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i wasnt talking about lag, i was talking about size, and the amount of power he can get out of it. IIRC people were getting over 400WHP with a t61, i cant wait to see what he is going to pull out of a t70.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
foreverpsycotic said:
biiig turbo, if i were doing this, mine would be sized a bit smaller, then again i would be more than happy with 400 wheel. also, if you could give some more information about using the 7mgte electronics i would greatly appreciate it. im looking for how to modify things to work, and im wondering how it will run with them.

400WHP will be so easy.. you should have no problem. Info on the 7MGTE electronics... hmm.

you need to do some grinding and cutting on the CPS, first of all.. to make it fit. This way you can use the stock ignitor, and coil pack. Coil packs will need a custom mount.
Switch over temp sensors from the 7M (ECU and gauge)
Switch over 7M Oil PSI sensor
Switch over 7M knock sensors
Switch over 7M injectors (can run stock 440's without piggyback)
Use stock O2 sensor, or wire in 2JZ O2 sensor. Either will work (with appropriate clip)
Use TPS plug from 2JZ wiring harness
ISC is the same
Use alternator clip from 2JZ wiring harness
Use 7M AFM, or Lex AFM w/ 550's. (if you want to keep it simple.. should suite your goal easily)

Legnthen/shorten harness where appropriate.

I'd suggest tapping the fuel rail with an M12*1.25 tap to utilize the stock FPR to keep fuel pressure the same. I'm using my aeromotive kit from my 7M.

I'm probably forgetting a few little things.. This is just off the top of my head.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i thought the 2j boys were running the 440s with the lex, because their stock injectors are 330s and they have the same AFM as the 7mgte?

either way, thanks for the info. im waiting to find out how it runs with the 7m electronics. this would be a nice setup to show up at the philly meet and the NE2k7 meet with. it would be my favorite combo, the MKIV motor with the MKIII body, mmmm sexy!

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
foreverpsycotic said:
i thought the 2j boys were running the 440s with the lex, because their stock injectors are 330s and they have the same AFM as the 7mgte?

either way, thanks for the info. im waiting to find out how it runs with the 7m electronics. this would be a nice setup to show up at the philly meet and the NE2k7 meet with. it would be my favorite combo, the MKIV motor with the MKIII body, mmmm sexy!

Yes.. but remember... they're on the stock 2JZGE ECU which is tuned for the 330's! We're talking about using the 7MGTE ECU which is tuned for 440's! The ECU doesn't know what engine it's running ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ahhhhh, good call right there, i had a blonde moment. wow, so in theory i can pretty much go and get a 2j out of the junkyard with the accessorys and drop it in, without getting any electronics. any clue if the 2jzge bolts up to the stock rad for the 7m? then it would pretty much be plug and play, or closer to it.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
it will plug into the 7M radiator.. but you'll have to hack up the stock hoses.. you may be able to get away with using the 2JZGE's hoses.. I havn't test fitted those yet, but not a big deal. you can pick up some spare hoses from the junk yard to hack up.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
OH.. and I'm not sure how you'd mate the 2JZ to your W58, I dont know the differences between the MKIV W58 and the MKIII's.

you'll also need BIC motormounts if you're pre-89

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
lol, ive got the r154 in my NA, the w58 doesnt have a removable bellhousing, so the bellhousing castings are completely different. more likely than not ide need a 1j bellhousing, because ide have to change so much on the mkIV w58 for it to work in a a70