2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Where do you live again? I'm gonna COME down there and TAKE some pictures and post them FOR YOU!

TEASE!

J/K!!!

Interesting arrangment! Keep the "peeks" coming, please!

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
This pic should be fun particularlly for you dcsupra. So I decided to do the molding strip red instead of chrome.

IMG_3355_SMALL.jpg

NOT! :biglaugh:
This is just the 3M tape. Car is still full of dust and I'm not dusting it. Don't need any scratches ;)

So I didn't do the rear bumper, instead I worked on the moldings and a few other things.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
^^^ FINALLY! (A little more revealing than the recent peeks!)

I'd like to mount those rear tires for kicks-n-giggles... and ROAST 'EM !!!

...just cause they look so "roastable"!:biglaugh:

AHEM! Back to "some" semblance of maturity...

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Jaguar - Tack cloth? I don't like the sound of that either.

Johnathan - I want to keep the car dry as much as possible. I know, I'm picky beyond annoying :biglaugh:

dcsupra - I thought you'll like it. I'm sure if the car was completely assembled, plus a few more finishing touches, the red stripe would look even better!

crisp - When I'm done, I might just ROAST 'EM myself :biglaugh:
I'll let you handle the front ones :naughty:

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Whatever you do, PLEASE dont wax that paint! I know you spent alot of money getting that thing perfect. Check with the body shop and they can hook you up with a proper glaze, if not tell me and I'll send you some.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Jaguar - Tack cloth? I don't like the sound of that either.

Have you ever used a tack cloth? You get them from painting supply stores, you can use them for removing any dust or lint before a paint job, and inbetween coats, i think they even have special ones for removing nibs or contaminants off of wet paint

I can't think of any possible way it'll damage a fully cured paint job! They aren't very sticky :)

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Jaguar_5 said:
Have you ever used a tack cloth? You get them from painting supply stores, you can use them for removing any dust or lint before a paint job, and inbetween coats, i think they even have special ones for removing nibs or contaminants off of wet paint

I can't think of any possible way it'll damage a fully cured paint job! They aren't very sticky :)

Tack cloths are for removing dust on unfinished surfaces...it WILL make swirl marks on glossy paint.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Sure if you rub it around, the way I used It is just by gently patting the surface, not actually wiping the surface, I don't see how that will make swirls / scratches

Do you really think that will pose a problem?

Seems kinda rediculous how you're supposed to get the dust off, if even that won't work

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
johnathan1 said:
Maybe if you pat the surface with the cloth...but the correct way to use it is to wipe lightly. Go watch the videos on Dupli-color's website.

A: Duplicolor is not where I would get my paint info. B: if you use a tack cloth properly it won't swirl. Pull it out of the package and completely unfold it. then gather it gently in one hand and let the weight of the tack cloth be all that rests on the car, not your hand. Wipe only in one straight direction (not in a circular motion), and change sides with each wipe. This will pick up the dust and not make any scratches or swirls. When I paint a car I use that and a soft terrie cloth towel. Especially on black cars.:icon_bigg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i whould greas the shit out of thosu plugs if i was u to keep the water out

MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Here you go...for the impatient fellas on SM! :biglaugh:

All the wiring is back in. Heavy! I can't even push the car anymore :biglaugh: oh wait, that's because of the flat tire.

Steering rack w/ wheel and all that is back in...Heavy! I should've weighted it. Has to be at least 50lbs. But I do like the telescoping and all that.

All the moldings are in...Heavy! Each molding has to weight at least 10lbs. J/K :biglaugh: no chrome strip yet.

Here's what I did yesterday...

IMG_3327_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3332_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3335_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3336_SMALL.jpg

Today I'm hoping to finish the rear and install the rear bumper. I'm thinking of trimming down the rear bumper support. That sucker weights about 37lbs if I recall correctly. I wish they were aluminum.