Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Not hurting me at all...

I might post pics after I talk to the owner of the turbo kit and confirm 100% when I'll be picking it up.

I just don't wanna count my chickens too prematurely before they hatch and it would suck to come back and say "well nevermind, I didn't get it."

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Boosted Supra said:
Nice thread name, lol. Bleach is the SHIT.

Good luck with the build and with the 500hp goal, what turbo(s) are you thinking of getting? I hope it's not single, almost everyone goes single, I think Twins are cool.

I'll post some pics when I get home from work. I don't plan to hit 500 right away but hopefully by Vegas or something. That would be nice.

Kyle: I'm burned out on looking for SA3Rs after this. If I was sitting on sawblades, I'd be PISSED but my wheels are nice anyway so it's fine with me. The more I look at them, the more I like the current wheels. I wasn't all that fond of them at first.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Nice car you got Joe now show us what you can do with it. Keep the build going and the hell with surprizes. I am watching it.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
^Thanks! I think you guys will like.

I just talked to the guy I'm buying my turbo kit from and I'm arranged to pick the ish up Thursday evening after work.

Here's some pics from the sell to hold you all over until then!

It's a Blitz K26 Twin Turbo kit! From my understanding the compressors have been upgraded with K27 compressors so these should be pretty fun...

The kit comes with twin turbos(obviously), twin manifolds, twin downpipes, twin wastegates, a ypipe mid pipe to merge the twin downpipes to the rest of the exhaust, all necessary cooling lines, IC pipes, a Greddy BOV, etc etc. What I like best is the wastegates are REROUTED into the downpipes. I really hate the sound of open wastegate so this is a really nice feature.

From the limited information I was able to come up with about the kit, it's good for about 650hp max. I doubt I'll get there anytime soon but it's nice to have room to grow and in the future my 500hp goal should be attainable fairly easily with the right parts.

5xzc76r.jpg

4zlj9d5.jpg

67dvcb8.jpg

4yi6jqs.jpg

I plan to run the kit with my Mine's ECU, some 2JZ 440cc injectors and probably an AFC for the time being. Nothing spectacular but it will be a nice change from stock turbos. I'll be happy if I can make 400hp with this setup. Anymore than that and I'm worried I'll probably start frying the clutch. so until I get a better clutch and more fuel, that's probably where I'll be at for a while.

The only thing I haven't figured out is what I'm going to do about air filters. The front turbo is no problem but the rear turbo is at a really bad angle pointing at the shock tower so this could be tricky... I'm thinking I may be able to put a 45 or 90 degree coupler right off the turbo and hopefully clear the shock tower but we will soon. Also, I'm thinking I may be able to add a spacer between the manifold and the rear turbo to lift it up and help clear the damn shock tower. We will see... At the very least, the seller says the turbos are still under warranty with Innovative since they were rebuilt there so I have some coverage there for now.

Other than that, I may redo some of the IC piping, definately switch to black couplers instead of blue, maybe have the pipes coated black, and do some other black dress up in the engine bay.

It will be a work in progress but the idea is to be able to drive the car the entire time I'm doing this.

Thanks for looking!

All in all, I'm excited to get this kit and can't wait to pick it up and get it on ASAP.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
PS: I intentionally made the thread title say TWIN TURBO not because of the stock twins though. Just tried to mislead you guys a bit since it was probably assumed I was only going single. lol

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprastanger507mgte said:
Nice choice Joe. That was my plan for my 1jz > but > now my plans are still the same for my 2jz. Twin K26/27 will rock that car....

Dang. Always gotta one up me. WTF HOME SLICE!! We'll have to throw down and see who's best. lol

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theKnifeArtist said:
what's the deal with the mesh on the inlets?

Something is better than nothing. At least rats and other assorted rodents won't get in.:dunno:

I don't plan to run them that way. I'll have to find some solution to get a filter to the rear turbo... I'll have to see the clearance when I get them installed. Maybe I'll run a HKS filter right off the inlet if I have to, since it's shorter than other cone filters.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ideally, I'd like to only run one filter. But that would only be if it were possible to somehow work around to the back turbo but just looking at pics, it may be more trouble than it's worth and I'll just run 2 somehow.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm pretty sure that RacerXJ220 bought a kit just like that off of Zazzn and put on his 1.5jz, but he was having problems with his head throwing shims and never got it running right before he went somewhere in the service.

Those are going to really make a big difference. Good choice sir and good luck with the install.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Racerxj220 has the k26 kit using Sard manifolds.

Van Diesel has the Blitz kit(like mine) on his car...

AFAIK there's only one other kit in the US. 51 Cards on SF had one way back in the day. Probably still does, I just happened to run across a pic of his setup dated back in like 04 or something.

I guess Moe is going to be making his own kit with alot more custom parts.

Only 2 more days til I pick it up and only 3 more til I can put it on. :1zhelp:

The only literature from Blitz I can find on it is in my Hyper Rev magazine but I can't read it of course... Just pics of the kit and some cars with it. I tried emailing blitz usa to see if they could look it up for me but no reply yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.