Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
My turbos are finally being shipped from ITS. I should have them tomorrow.

Then, I'm going to send them off for ceramic coating along with some other parts. I'm going to leave the compressor sides alone. They look fine as is. I don't want any bling bling chrome or polish under my hood. But the turbine housings will be ceramic coated in black. It's going to look very nice once it's back together, I think.

Then I'll be getting new oil feed lines and I should be good to go.

Fuel mods are ready to go in at the same time.

V2.0 of this project will be much nicer. It will look nicer and have supporting mods to make some nice power.

Stay tuned for updates soon and some new numbers to come in the next coming weeks.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Can't wait to take these stupid CT12s off. Hopefully, this time will be the last time for real. :nono:

I've been driving with an exhaust leak and boost leak for about 3 weeks now I think. Too lazy to fix it for stock twins considering they were only a temporary thing to keep the car running. But at least the car didn't smoke and burn oil. Everything will be good when the TT kit is back on though.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck Joe and I'll be waiting not so patiently for the videos. Anytime we get a chance to see your car it's a good day.............:love:

I may bling my engine bay up a little this winter, but I'm not sure yet. I know you don't like it blingy, but I have a few pieces I want either polished or chromed. I may wait until next winter though. I dont' know yet.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
got_boosted said:
Nice work, Joe! I can't wait to see it finished. I wonder who will be faster? :biglaugh:

Collin

What size is your turbo again? Fuel setup? Link me to your thread please. :)

I haven't really checked out what you've been up to lately with that silly 2J thingy. :)

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
OneJoeZee said:
What size is your turbo again? Fuel setup? Link me to your thread please. :)

I haven't really checked out what you've been up to lately with that silly 2J thingy. :)

The link to my build thread is in my sig. T04R turbo, right now on the stock 440 injectors. Coming soon is a boost controller, something to tune it with (thinking about trying that MAP-ECU2 thing?), and 720cc injectors (head room for when I go to the dual walbro setup.) I have a goal of 500WHP before I go dual pumps.

Turbo specs:
T04R - 650-700 PS Output

COMPRESSOR:
-Wheel- 63 Trim - 66.7 Inducer / 84.0 Major
-Housing- 100 Inlet / 60 Outlet - 0.70 A/R
TURBINE:
-Wheel- 76 Trim - 74.2 Major / 64.7 Exducer
-Housing- T04 inlet / 65.75 outlet - 0.81 A/R

Collin

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
hmm, well I think our setups will be fairly similar, as far as potential. My kit is good for about 600-650hp as well(not that I plan to hit that soon).

I'll be using a single MKIV pump and 540s for a while.

What is full boost like with that turbo on your 2j? My base wastegate setting is at 10psi too.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
OneJoeZee said:
What is full boost like with that turbo on your 2j? My base wastegate setting is at 10psi too.

Honestly, at 10psi, it's one of the faster cars I've driven and probably capable of low 14's to high 13's and is much quicker from a roll than from a dig. At 10psi this turbo is nowhere near it's efficiency, and I've only driven it with a stock cat-back so far. It will be a whole different animal with a full 3" even before raising the boost. :D

Collin

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Sounds to be somewhat on par with my feelings on my car at 10psi...

It was quicker than stock twins but just feels so bottled up still cuz there's so much power still left on the table.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm waiting to hear from my mom if my turbos were delivered.

I may finally have some progress pics to share later today. I haven't been able to post much progress at all in a few weeks and it makes me sad. :(

I can't wait to get the kit reinstalled. Even at 10psi it was alot of fun to drive and sounded amazing.

I haven't even been WOT in my car since taking off the turbo kit.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
OneJoeZee said:
I'm waiting to hear from my mom if my turbos were delivered.

I may finally have some progress pics to share later today. I haven't been able to post much progress at all in a few weeks and it makes me sad. :(

I can't wait to get the kit reinstalled. Even at 10psi it was alot of fun to drive and sounded amazing.

I haven't even been WOT in my car since taking off the turbo kit.

So wait did ITS rebuild the turbos for you or are you just going to run them as is except for the ceramic coating?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
There's no way I would put the turbos back on the car in the condition they were in. They were hotboxing like a motherfucker.

They are coming back rebuilt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.