Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
No mail today.

Probably tomorrow.

If they weren't so far and traffic on the return trip wouldn't take me 3 hours to get home, I would have just gone to pick them up myself.

Oh well, no need to rush.

Bah humbug.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Damn Joe you're story almost sounds like mine...I've been contemplating throwing in the towel on my car for a long time now too. With the almost same reasoning as you mentioned, if I am not enjoying the car, and working on it all the time like I do, then why keep it.....

But, I just keep picturing how it will all look and perform when it's done and it keeps me going with it. So here's to hoping you stick it out with you car, as it's definitely an awesome example of a 1JZ'd MKIII, and I really look forward to seeing it completed.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Yeah. I can't give up at this point. Even if I was going to throw in the towel, it would be better to finish the car anyway and sell it as a complete 500+hp capable package instead of a big part out. I'm a lazy bastard and wouldn't have time or patience for that. :)

It's so close I can already see the car on the dyno in my head. As soon as I get the turbos back, it'll be time to get this project moving again. I'm waiting on the turbos so I can send the turbine housings out for ceramic coating along with the downpipes and manifolds in one shot. I can have oil lines made while that's going on. Then once the parts come back from coating, just have to put the kit, injectors, and fuel pump in the car.

No turbos in the mail today. Maybe ITS didn't mail them out until yesterday. It was late in the day when I talked to them on monday. 2 day local mail for bigger packages isn't uncommon. So I'll cross my fingers for tomorrow.

buckshot: No I didn't get the tracking number. I haven't spoken with them on the phone since monday. They hadn't been shipped out yet. If they're not here tomorrow, I'll call and see what's going on.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
RedEj8 said:
Turbos today?

I just got off the phone with ITS. They had to order some parts to finish the rebuilds and just got the parts today. I asked if I could come pick them up today but I'm a little too far to make it on time and I'm not paying for overnight.

So I'll see them monday.

I wish they would have called but that's ok. My fault for not leaving them my cell number.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
OneJoeZee said:
I just got off the phone with ITS. They had to order some parts to finish the rebuilds and just got the parts today. I asked if I could come pick them up today but I'm a little too far to make it on time and I'm not paying for overnight.

So I'll see them monday.

I wish they would have called but that's ok. My fault for not leaving them my cell number.

:[

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
damn that sux bro. keep it up man. i'm pulling my twins off for the first time and hopefully the last time tomorrow at 4pm. and will be single by 10pm. WOO HOO can't wait.

keep the project going joe. you have WAY to much knowledge and skill to just give up ;)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I got them beeches.

pict0125dp0.jpg

p734098_1.jpg

p734098_2.jpg

p734098_3.jpg

p734098_4.jpg

Hooray. Finally some progress in the right direction.

Now it's time for some ceramic coating on the rest of the kit and new oil lines.

This kit is going to be practically brand new. Rebuilt turbos, new oil lines, newly coated manifolds and downpipes.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Cool, good to hear Joe, looking forward to seeing everything done and installed, and finding out what kinda power you end up making.

Status
Not open for further replies.