Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
OneJoeZee said:
Most people making build threads spend more than that just to get their car back to a good platform or swap an engine. The difference here the swap was already done and maintenence isn't bad at all, so the majority of my money can go to upgrades.
You can save so much money by buying a car that someone has already done the maintenance to.

OneJoeZee said:
In the end, there will be about 12000-14000 invested in this whole car including buying the car itself. I just happened to pay the majority of the project up front when I bought the car.

I've put more money into my car but it's not half the car yours is. :rofl: :( :emo:

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
OneJoeZee said:
Since the turbos have to be off for awhile due to rebuild, I think I'm going to take a straight shot at my longer term goal. I purchased some 540cc injectors.

You are a Jack ass, you got injectors and I got an Extra set because you needed 440's, you could of called and said I dont need those anymore! :nono: :madfawk:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It was impulse buy at work. Sorry I forgot to hit you up. x_x

It's been a little rough around here at home lately. Cut me some slack.

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Today!

Overnight Japan parts ftw!! (ok, well like 4-5 day parts)

I got my 540cc injectors in the mail today.

Scratch one more item off the list of things needed to make some srrrrrious power.

Next on the list is a MK4 fuel pump.

After that, probably an AFC. Then an AFPR me thinks.

One at a time...

I shipped the turbos back to the previous owner so he can take them to Innovative for warranty work. I'll find out soon if they stand behind their word. If not, well... I do not plan on coming out of MY pocket to rebuild them since I bought the kit advertised with GOOD turbos. We'll see. :icon_conf

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
6bsxus8.jpg

+1 for JDM newspaper!!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
johnathan1 said:
Sucks about the turblows...what do you drive while the Supra is down?

The Supra is not down. I just ripped the Blitz kit off and put the stock twins back on for now. One of my couplers has a hole in it but I really don't care right now and am too lazy to fix it. I'll replace the bad coupler when I put my K26s back on.

I'm just using the downtime of the turbo rebuild to gather supporting mods and do some aesthetic work on the kit while I have the opportunity.

JTGsupra7

Jul 14, 2007
New Jersey
read through your thread...
your car is basically my dream supra... black 1jz with upgraded twins ( love twins) and black rims. much respect joe!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Today:

Time to start making this kit look better. I dressed up the manifolds, downpipes, and y/mid-pipe with some black high temp paint. I knocked the dirt grease off with some Simple Green first. Then I used some 80 and 180 grit sandpaper, wiped the parts clean, then shot them with a couple coats of the high temp paint.

Pics are from a friend's smart phone, so the quality is ok. My parents are out of town on vacation with the digicam so this is all I can do.

p698829_1.jpg

p698829_2.jpg

p698829_3.jpg

p698829_4.jpg

p698829_5.jpg

And to compare, this is what everything looked like before with the nasty old heatwrap on.

p698829_6.jpg

p698829_7.jpg

p698829_8.jpg

Thoughts? :)

I think this is going to look great.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Looks pretty sweet. You should get the exhaust housings and wastegate ceramic coated and the turbine housings polished or just clean them up a bit.

BTW, what temp paint did you use. Do you think it will withstand the heat on the manifolds?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Thanks A-fon. 1200 degree is the highest I could find and what I used. We'll see if it holds up... If not, it can't look any worse than it did before.

I'm gonna leave the wastegates alone. You can barely even see them with the whole setup in the car. And I didn't feel like taking them apart to paint with the other parts.

I'd like to have the turbine housings ceramic coated. I'll see how I feel when I get the turbos back. Impatience will probably get the better of me and I'll just put them back on with just some elbow grease put into cleaning them up better. Not gonna polish the compressor housings though. I am anti-bling. :)

Next on the list is to have the IC pipes powdercoated.

And the last thing I'll do is get some black couplers once everything's back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.